Sign in to follow this  
General Septem

Air, water, or extreme?

84 members have voted

1. 1.

• Air
    • Water
    • Extreme

Silence... Watercooling = silence... since when? 2 fans/radiator, 2 to 4 fans for case airflow... BAH!!! Water cooling isn't silent... Has anyone seen the "review" or mod where someone uses a generic Ionic Breze for airflow, a really good heatpipe and RAM for harddrive space for a true "Silent PC"? I'll try and find the link... It looks like a pain in the a$$ mod but also awesome! buttrock.gif

Silence... Watercooling = silence... since when? 2 fans/radiator' date=' 2 to 4 fans for case airflow... BAH!!! Water cooling isn't silent...QUOTE']

You must doing something wrong... I have a radiator with 3x120mm fans, 2x90mm fans for HDD cooling and 1x90mm fan for PWMIC cooling. Every fan is running @ 4.5V and the loudest part in my rig are my HDD´s when I write/read data from them. They are even louder than my PSU... It´s all about choosing the right components ;)

Gipse

Thermaltake is king. They make fans with fan controllers that you can set them to quiet or loud (slow or fast). I can make my system almost completely silent if I wish (which I prefer to be able to hear the power ;))

Even more fun when you'd don't have to mod the case for watercooling ;)

But the most fun yet is building a case for watercooling. :D

I have to say I'm actually kind of surprised by the results so far. I was guessing maybe a quarter to a third of the people on the forum use watercooling. It's turning out to be just under half.

i use air at the moment, and my setup for air is pretty well designed ill have to say :P... in my future i plan on going water though just because i can square what UncleDavid said "Watercooling. It's so much fun modding a case in preparation for the cooling components"... i love to mod things and do fun stuff aside from putting the pieces together.

Guest r3d c0m3t

I'm using what I like to call "Super Air" I've got my toaster in my room and I turn my AC up to high with the minimal temperature dropped to 61 C, and I let my room get super cold. This'll suffice until I'm able to save up enough money for a watercooling kit.

I'm using what I like to call "Super Air" I've got my toaster in my room and I turn my AC up to high with the minimal temperature dropped to 61 C, and I let my room get super cold. This'll suffice until I'm able to save up enough money for a watercooling kit.

If you turned the AC to a reasonable temperature you'd have enough money just after one gas & electric bill. :tooth: