Sign in to follow this  
Notesinger

Halo Graphics Are Crappy

hello all i just installed halo and it looks totaly like crap nothing like the screen shots im sure it got corrupted or something but i have tried to reinstall it but it still comes out looking crappy.. basically its all solid colors and the bullets look like squars and anything that has a light has a rectangle or squar of the same color around it. if anyone can help me solve this it would be great

Is your video card overclocked? Sounds like something that would happen when the core is clocked too high. Check to see if it's overheating too. Other than that i'd make sure DX9 is installed properly, and video drivers are up to date. Never hurts to do a clean install of your cat drivers (uninstall everything first through control panel).

I can probably fix this with 3 words:

drivers, drivers, drivers

Make sure you have the newest drivers for EVERYTHING...even weird things like sound card drivers can cause problems.

Make sure you patch up Halo also. I think Version 1.02 is what's it up to now. Another for endless Tk'ing is supposed to be coming in November.

I had horrible framerate problems with the game fresh off the install. I patched it up, and been good ever since.