Sign in to follow this  
bchivers

Installing an arctic freezer64 pro?

Which way am I supposed to put it on, blowing up at the psu or down on my vid card?

Or toward the exhaust fan in the rear...(Just to add to your choices. J/K)

you could try both blowing it toward the rear or up toward the power supply.

I highly recommend against blowing down. It would be screw up the airflow in your case, and make the fan work against any air that the exhaust fan is pulling towards the rear.

-MalibuSS

Or toward the exhaust fan in the rear...(Just to add to your choices. J/K)

you could try both blowing it toward the rear or up toward the power supply.

I highly recommend against blowing down. It would be screw up the airflow in your case, and make the fan work against any air that the exhaust fan is pulling towards the rear.

-MalibuSS

I didn't know I had the option to turn it towards the back. How do I turn it so it blows out the back? I checked my video card and it is 54° at idle so I need to change the direction. Just installed it about four days ago, do I need to apply more AS5?

Best option would be to clean off the AS5 with isopropal alcohol and a paper towel and re apply a small amount once again on the center of the cpu . On one of my older computers I switched the heatsink for a water block only after two days and still cleaned off the as5 and re applied new . I didn't like the temps I was getting with the overclock I had . Just a precaution better safe than sorry I guess . I posted pics on how to change the position of the mounting bracket on this forum just a day or so ago in black_bishops post about " arctic cooling 64 " thread .

Great shots that is what I was looking for. I was thinking of putting it the other way so it blows up to the psu, not a bad idea. Do you think it would be better than blowing it out the back.

We're all in this together here at the DFI forums . I must say I have been reading these forums for awhile and this is without a doubt the best and most informative group I have ever saw on the internet !

blaster333

I second that.

Hi there bchivers . I would guess it all depends on the case layout . I have two 80mm fans in the front drawing air into the case over the hdd and two 80mm fans in the back drawing the air out of the case , with one 120mm fan in the top of the case to help vent out any warm air as well . The freezer 64 in my case would do best to vent to the back and out of the case . The only reason I have a 120mm in the top is I modded the case a few years back and thats where I had my TT Bigwater rad mounted . I didn't like the idea of having a big hole in the top so I kept a fan in there :) .

I've got one of these in a Centurion 530 - 120mm fan at the back, 120mm fan at the front, and a 6600GT.

Both the boards I've had in there (my latest and an AX8) have meant I haven't been able to position it so that it is pointing so it blows towards the back - I've had it so that the fan is on the bottom, and the blows air up

While this isn't perfect - it means my 80mm dual PSU fans have to work reasonably hard and blow out very warm air, my Tagan PSU handles it very well and its a lot better than mounting it the other way.

If I had the tools, time and experience I would put a vent at the top, but I haven't :lol:

I didn't know I had the option to turn it towards the back. How do I turn it so it blows out the back? I checked my video card and it is 54° at idle so I need to change the direction. Just installed it about four days ago, do I need to apply more AS5?

Rotating is very easy, you unscrew the lever, pull out the metal tab, insert it rotated and put back the lever. There is a small hole on each side of the tab which lines up with the black plastic plate, so no matter the orientation, the cooler will fit right.

DOH!!! Looks like I'm a couple days late on this.

-MalibuSS