Good games to check out

black3000gt

I have just finished my system and would like to get some good games to test out and see what my system can do. I have right now halflife 2, doom 3 and am going to get FEAR tomarrow after playing a kickass demo. Also thinking of checking out microsoft flight sim X. An yother games i should check out? Thanks

Guest SuppA-SnipA

some older ones but fun

call of duty 2

quake 4

doom 3

half life 2

and dont forget latest fear - extraction point (sooo fun, so scary)

if you like strategy, check out the discussion of Medieval 2 : Total War. Incredible gameplay.

it has the civ building of a Civilization type game (although still rather strilled down), and real-time strategy that your average RTS just does not touch. The battles can get insane.

It is like two games in one!!

All the source engined games are good through Steam

DoD, CS, HL2 and the mods

Litte bro was disappointed with FSX said it needed teletron1 to run and didnt offer much more than FS9

I dloaded the free version of Trackmania Nations which is a cracker and really pushes your gfx card

Obviously to finish BF2.. or 2142 if you wanna get the latest, but 2142 is supposedly real easy to hack at present so maybe best to wait till they patch that out

have alook for the DFI Clan thread and join us on Xfire to see who in DFI-Street Clan is playing what..

LP

Although it brings people to the point of boiling blood im gonna say Battlefield 2 cause I think its the best online FPS and with a nice setup like yours it would look and play great Plus if you like flight sims then BF2 is also the best flight sim too as the choppers and jets handle very realistic but you will need a decent joystick (yes I really like BF2 but hated BF 2142 they definatley released them the wrong way around IMPO). Call of Duty 2 is simply awesome, best WWII FPS out there, FEAR is Pretty damn good I havent played it online yet and I blasted through the single player to quickly but it was mucho fun doing it.

Just got through playing lord of the rings battle for middle earth and it was awesome its a Real Time Strategy game something like Command and Conquer but way better.

I am currently playing TOCA racedriver 3 and its a very nice driving sim with every car race you can imagine and a few more thrown in.

RTS: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (cheesy but awesome "Space-Church" story wrapped up in a fantastic RTS setting)

Warhammer 40,000: Dark Crusade (stand-alone expansion for Dawn of War, but you should play Dawn of War first)

Age of Empires III

RPG:

Titan Quest (Diablo-style!)

Neverwinter Nights 2 (if you loved Knights of the Old Republic 1&2 and/or the original Neverwinter Nights, you'll love this one)

Gothic III (haven't played it, reviews are great, I've got it, just haven't installed it yet)

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic (RPG based on HL2 Source engine, like Oblivion in gameplay)

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (best looking game out there right now...lots and lots and lots and lots to do in this game! Game will definitely show off your powerful rig or shame it by bringing it to it's knees then kicking it in the groin)

FPS:

F.E.A.R. (great FPS!)

Serious Sam II (crazy fun fps)

not much of an FPS guy anymore =/

Other stuff:

Freelancer (older game but still kicks butt....action-space-combat stuff with rpg flavorings)

Flat-Out 2 (dirt/hybrid car racin' that Rgone loves and I dig too)

Bejeweled (don't laugh...it's still pretty awesome)

You guessed it, I'm totally hopeless at PC Gaming.

But the old Rise of Nations and Thrones & Patriots Expansion is still outstanding. My all time favorite.

Moving from Civ to RON was nirvana.

I still remember the first time I played it and worked my way up to Stealth Bomber and Nukes and Special Forces and Tanks. WoW. It is smooth and beautiful and does not take a super pc to run.

My kids talked me into playing Age of Empires III against them and I smoked them first time out. They were stunned. The old RON habits carried over. They had to gang up on me to beat me:)

Rome Total War should be fun but who can pay attention long enough to finish a game, it goes on for ever. The thing is a memory hog. You will benefit from 2gb.