case-mod.com = :(

Thasp

If you do not want to read an emo rant, click X.

I bought my mobo, RAM, CPU, and other unimportant stuff on newegg on monday, along with my PSU from case-mod.com, before 3 EST.

On Tuesday, I got the CPU. Wednesday, more unimportant stuff(extension cables, GPU RAM heatsinks), and today I am waiting for the important stuff - mobo/RAM. I got this with UPS 3 day delivery, free courtesy of newegg.

I emailed case-mod.com yesterday because I hadn't received a tracking number for USPS priority mail yet. They said they hadn't shipped it out yet, it may be another day. They said it'd be automatically mailed to me once they had a number. I still don't have a number and the business day is almost over.

Newegg will have everything shipped to me for free before case-mod even hands USPS the stuff I paid to be shipped. banghead.gif

Be wary of case-mod if you're building a new system. I paid a price to save $20 on my PSU. The price of waiting a week after receiving everything I need for a core 2 duo system to work, with nothing to power it. sob.gif

Its got to be the most frustrating thing to wait for delivery I feel your pain bro if it takes much longer and they set out a delivery time (eg 3days) to begin with.

you can always hassle for a reimbursement for delivery charges.

You won't get a "tracking #" for USPS Priority, because there aren't any. The best you'll get will be a "delivery confirmation #", which can be used to see if the item was delivered (Which you'll already know!)

This # should be sent to you when the item is shipped by case-mod.

You won't get a "tracking #" for USPS Priority, because there aren't any. The best you'll get will be a "delivery confirmation #", which can be used to see if the item was delivered (Which you'll already know!)

This # should be sent to you when the item is shipped by case-mod.

No, I will not be home when USPS delivers mail. It will not fit in my mailbox, so I have to get it at the post office, which means getting off the bus a half mile away from home to check everyday to see if they have my package then walking back home. :(

I would talk to them as well. If I dont get a notic with in 3-4 days I am normally asking what is up. Also makes it seems like they are having items shipped to them 1st and then sent out.

things I noticed is they have no store policy.

there rating is high http://www.resellerratings.com/seller_rati...tory.pl?id=2314

But I would sign up there and give koodos to newegg (Always a plus)

also let case-mod know you are going to be doing a rating on them and the CS and shipping is way low.

This mobo is confusing, it has this cpu cover that doesn't seem to come off.

http://thasp.net:4000/pictures/wtfasus.jpg

More pictures at http://thasp.net:4000/pictures/suckmyballsasus/

I think they expect me to use a heatsink on top of the cover.. are they serious?

I got g.skill ddr800 RAM, an ocz powerxtream 600 PSU, asus p5wdh(seriously regreting that if this ******* cover doesn't come off), some watercooling(see my other thread for details), and an e6400.

emo isn't music, it's a lifestyle consisting of whining, crying, wrist slitting, and bad music.

Indeed, and I like the file name you have your pics in. :)

By cover, you mean that black plastic one that protects the pins before you install a cpu? Looks like what you're showing.

Anyways, all LGA775 mobos come with it, the ones I've worked on (including an Asus) have always come out fine for me, but then I have always pulled it off before unlatching it and insalling the cpu. Might want to give that a shot.

Just have to squeeze the 'springy-looking' parts and pull on it. Be sure to save it too so if/when you ever want to sell the board, you can protect the pins.

Yeah I know now, I am an idiot for not seeing this for a full hour.

I must have mounted the heatsink wrong, I almost cracked the mobo doing it. I get 50c at stock full load, 38 idle.. or maybe stock heatsinks are awful - this is my first time ever using a stock CPU heatsink in my own build, my watercooling stuff isn't going to be done arriving until much later.

I did a damn good job on that opteron. It was older, cheaper mobo, cheaper RAM, and it was much faster than this is at stock even though it is newer. 23 million keys/sec in dnetc vs 15 with this, and with the tuniq tower on it it did it cooler.

The integrated ethernet on here sucks butt, too. I regret not getting a pci card for it, they're only ten bucks. I get 8 MBps vs 27 on the dagf, hopefully newer drivers can fix this.

The only experience Ive had with them was me buying a Thermalright SI-128. It went on backorder the day after I bought it and wouldnt be in stock for 2 weeks... needless to say, I cancelled that order. It took them a week and ahalf to refund my money.

I would probably buy from them, or try to, again if the price was right.