streaming audio

Guest Neezer_merged

A while back there was a thread posted about a streaming audio program. I can't seem to find it, and I don't remember the name of it either. can someone tell me the name so that I can dl it again?

it was something that you could just play music from. you could pick the genre and such. totally free, but you couldn't download the songs. almost like an online radio. you get to chose the type of msic played. not comercials

it was something that you could just play music from. you could pick the genre and such. totally free, but you couldn't download the songs. almost like an online radio. you get to chose the type of msic played. not comercials

I used to listen to Shoutcast, and it was like that. I think Live365 is another.

Pandora, and if you like obscure music, forGET IT.

It's amazing what they do and don't have. I can get someone like SuidAkra... a pretty obscure Gotherburg metal act but I can't get something as popular as Rhapsody. UGH!

If you want to test a program which is available for Windows and could become a contender to Amarok (just for Linux platforms) why not try "Songbird". It's a very promising program (still in beta stage), which do what you asks for and much much more.

http://www.songbirdnest.com/

It's available for all platforms: linux, windows and mac. If you support Mozilla projects this should be an interesting one.

Many stations do their own independent webcasts, too. Many college stations have gotted into this heavily.

I listen to KPLU from the Seattle area here all the time - it's an NPR station that specializes in jazz. I also listen to a station from New Orleans a lot.