Best Heat Sink

Mindriot

for like the 5th time, go with an slk900U(900A) and a 92 mm vantec tornado. just......if you don't care about the noise....DON'T CARE ABOUT THE NOISE! these fans typically can push around 120 cfm, and run about as loud as a vacuum cleaner. from what i've heard, if you put the fan faced down and plug it in, it will HOVER! that's how much air it pushes heh

It will not hover. I have attempted this. It failed.

However, it is true, the SLK-900A will fit on ANY AMD SOCKET A MOTHERBOARD. ANY. If it's AMD, and it's Socket A, it will fit. One more time.

If your motherboard has an AMD chip in it, and that AMD chip is an Athlon, Duron, Athlon MP, or Athlon XP, the SLK-900A will fit.

Trios

The 900 will fit any of the boards- Even the A7N8X deluxe-as long as you bend some capacitors to make it fit- That is why Thermalright worked on the problem and made the SLK-947. No capacitors to bend or tweak. Just a smooth install- I know I have one. If you want the tornado-I have one of those too-then make sure you get the Sunbeam Rheobus controller to adjust speed if you want to lower the noise at your descretion. I chose to go to a lower sounding fan so I used the Zalman 92mm that I had laying around from my old Zalman 6000cu heat sink. Idle 35c/ load 39c. Good enough for me- And that is with my overclock running. Will be getting the 2500xp barton- on soon and try for a lot higher overclock.

EDIT-UPDATE:

Just got the new barton chip- pre-week 39 hehe. check my sig at how far I got it right now on air- will try for more tomorrow.

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/m...gory_Code=AMDXP

Edited by smithy

I took pic of the Mobo installed with the stock AMD fan to show you the tight space I'm dealing with. Don't laugh at my cable bundle as I have yet to recieve my wire mesh to finalize my installation. It will be cleaned up.Socket Pic

Edited by Mindriot