PC P & C Silencer 750W

Cuttlefish1212

Alright, I got me new PSU today and I've got a quickie question:

I only have one floppy power cable on the PSU and it's going into the floppy drive. I know DFI is adamant about having all power cables plugged into the mobo, but can I cheat this one time? :rolleyes:

I don't have any spare adapters lying about and this PSU has monstrous amps on the 12V rail so is it really necessary for stability at this point or can I get away with not plugging it in?

I would go with calvintang's advice and pick up one of those adapters, if you want to try winging it without it's up to you, run some prime95/memtest86/ATITool (or nVidia equivalent??) to see if your system is stable and if you're happy with it then just leave it. If it was me though I would buy the adapter.

I keep a copy of DOS 6.22 for troubleshooting purposes. I also have a couple of OS hacks saved on floppy that have bailed me out :)

I fired up the system...PC P & C rocks!! It's a very stable power supply. I must have been pushing the limits on the Silverstone because the rig appears to be more stable. It boots faster and just "seems" more solid.

Can't wait to get the new chip in...

I'll get a floppy adapter if that's what you think I should do...thanks for the advice :)