DDR 2GB PC4000 hard to find

Syngensmyth

I was acquiring parts for new build and waited too long to get the ram. I am looking for DDR 2GB PC4000 minimum in OCZ or G-Skill. Dang, they have disappeared. Do you think they will ever be back in stock.

Willing to consider other good performers.

Should have gone Conroe, but wanted to wait for Lanparty + Core 2.

I read the Corsair sticky previously, but Corsair seemed to be problematic for many (Rgone excluded) and they scared me a little. Crap $400+ I don't think so.

Thanks for the tankguys link but these really scare me with expert. But the price is right.

Just a suggestion, I picked up a couple of sets a week or so ago from a local retailer OCZ GOLD pc4000 for $200 a set. They had them in the back, the clerk even asked my why I'd ever want pc4000.

I'd do a little digging, my local retailers have no idea that ddr is getting tougher to find, in fact they are lowering prices b/c of DDR2.

Good point. I never thought of it. Sadly, I am so used to thinking I can find the best deal online, I seldom do anything locally. Although I am in a small town therefore small shops, but it's worth a try. And sometimes they even let me leave Lake Wobegon and go the the "Twin Cities" :=)