Anyone have an FX-60 with an 8800GTX?

Flybye

Are you people insane?

You shoulda gotten an FX-60 while they were 450 on Newegg.

I'll see ya mine for that much :-D LOL

And my rig clears 10K in 3DMark06 with 7900GTXs and an FX-60 at 2.94GHz (RAM @ DDR588).

And also, you are NOT going to have a problem OCing an Opty with TCCD DDR600 ram, dude LOL that's like the god send of ram for OCing.

I imagine I'll get around the same scores, almost, that I do now, with a single 8800GTX. And with it's improvements in frame-rate in games, I could give a f**k about 3DMark numbers. It's gonna increase my FEAR, Oblivion, FarCry and every other performance. That's what it's all about.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont have a fx-60 but im runnin just over fx 60 stock speed. iv got 2 8800 gtx's in sli. the 3d mark05 & 06 default scores werent mind blowing but at 2560 x 1600 with 4aa & 8af i got: 3d mark 05 score:12684 3dmark 06 score:6923. thats about double what i had with 2 7950gts & 8800gtx's do aa & hdr.

i'll try to get it done 4 ya charmed, it might take couple days to get to tho. i actually meant to when i got the cards, but i had an issue when i went to boot up the 1st time & by the time i got squared away i ended up just jammin both cards in. but i was curios myself on the performance difference between 1 & 2 cards & i wanted a reference when i upgrade to full 32 lane sli versus the 8 by 8 now.

Please post your 3dMark06 and your CPU speed :)

I really have no idea where to post this LOL. But...

I have an 8800GTX, but with an FX-53...the most obvious bottleneck of my system. 3dMark06 I'm pushing out about 5300...practically the same I got with my 7900GTX.

Obviously, the most I can get out of my board is an FX-60. Going by what I've read on the internet, an FX-60 running almost 3ghz with 7900GTXs in sli made around 11,000 in 3dMark06. If that's the case, then an FX-60 3ghz should hit over 10,000 with an 8800GTX. I have some Danger Den goodies waiting for an FX-60 :)

I'm tempted to get a Conroe, but don't feel like going through the hassle of selling my stuff. I'm also tempted in getting an AM2 board, but being how AMD screwed us 939 guys over, who knows what will happen when their true quad core CPUs come out.

I have the setup you ask about.

(Although my Sig says otherwise).

I slapped a Geforce 8800GTX in a couple of days ago and got a reasonable 3Dmark '06 score of 9104.

It beat my score previously of 9070 with 2 X X1900Xt's in crossfire.

Trouble is, I made a minor Bios change to disable the secondary PCIe slot so that the primary slot was a guaranteed 16X and the performance of my PC has reduced dramatically.

I reversed the change but my PC now takes about 3 times longer to POST and 3Dmark '06 score is below 2000.

Being a little annoyed here I just sent off for a Nforce board with a new cpu and DDR2.

OMG!! :eek2:

Thanks to those who recommended the Opty 165!!

3dMark06

FX-53 @ 2.5: 5300

Opty stock 1.8: 6956

Very nice. From here on in I am guaranteed higher scores :D

Opty @ 2.5: 9060

Opty @ 2.6: 9308 (FSB @ 290; Ram @ 240)

And I'm stopping there for now. Temps are around 48c at 50% load. I am VERY happy. At an average of 300pts per 100mhz, I'll most certainly hit 10,000 by 2.8ghz. I haven't even tweaked a damn thing. I just bumped up the FSB and dabbed with vcore a bit.

I am VERY happy guys. Thanks again!!

Yep. I'm just lookin' to have 1 til I upgrade to an AM3 (assumably) quad core, DDR3 and then I'll SLI either two of them or 2 of the highest cards at the time if Nvidia tops the 8800, which I'm sure they will.

why do you believe Quad core is going to give you any more points in benchies or better gaming performance (FPS)? it going to be 2 X 2 dual core cpus for AMD, they have not been able to make a true 4X4 cpu yet if @ all, quad 4X4 will be a waste until some one writes the software, or games to make use of them, so far you can count the number of multithread games on one hand, still great if your going to do some folding@home, do you believe that the new QX6700 (true quad core) is going to be any better @ gaming the the same speed C2D? I dont! A 6.0 GHz single core cpu would be better!

P.S not picking on you, just trying to understand you way of thinking!