Sign in to follow this  
mkarimzada

Karajan Onboard Sound Card Not Working!!!

Hey guys, i have been using the same travel speakers and line out setup for a year now and i have had no problems at all. Now all of a sudden i have tried this same speaker and two other headsets and they all dont give me any sound. The sound test on the Realtek '97 driver does not work either. I did install itunes 7, if you might think that might be a problem, but already uninstalled and tried, didnt work. then i even un/reinstalled the Realtek driver, no luck there either obviously.

Thanks for the Help!!

Have you tried the Nvidia driver to see if that works? You can try either the Nvidia or the Realtek as far as i am aware, it sounds like a software or driver prob for sure you have. Uninstall drivers completley and try again, all in all if you cant get it to work an extreme fix would be a clean install of windows.

Logan

i uninstalled an reinstalled drivers, but no luck. when i put some music on the vu meters on teh nvidia app responded. so either there is another setting or some hardware problem.

Hello,

Did you change anything else?

Have you plugged a front audio cable into the Karajan module?

Both blue jumpers on the module still there?

What 500W power supply is that?

the blue jumpers are still there. but recently i have changed my psu. the other burnt up so i now have a generic 350 w psu. but it was working fine for 4 months now (when the other burnt out). the front audio ports are just relays from the back ports so that wouldnt matter

yes i tried from behind as well, and yes the module is in place. i really dont know what happened. any way i could check if the module is functioning correctly, in terms of physically i mean?