• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3DMark06 Scores:

@1280x1024 resolution:

3dmark06score88001280x1uz0.jpg

@1920x1200 resolution:

3dmark06score88001920x1bx5.jpg

…the test score @1920x1200 resolution was lower...

The score with XFX 7900 GTX XXX SLI @1280x1024 resolution with the same CPU && mainboard:

Main Test Results

- 3DMark Score 9653 3DMarks; (10925 with 8800 SLI - about 11.6 % increase)

- SM 2.0 Score 4549 Marks (4668 with 8800 SLI – about 2.5 % increase)

- SM 3.0 Score 4541 Marks (6153 with 8800 SLI – about 26.2 % increase)

- CPU Score 2084 Marks

I read a short article; "(G80, Geforce 8800 GTX is very CPU dependent Scores as 7950 GX2 on a non overclocked CPU)". If this is true (probably it is), unless I do over-clock FX-62 (and the cards, too) or get higher clock CPU such as Intel x6800, I cannot get most of the card’ power?

BTW, my monitor is Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW. The resolution is set to 1920x1200 with 32bit color.

The length:

The length of XFX 7900 GTX XXX was 9 inch. So, the 8800 GTX is 1.5 inch (3.81 cm) longer.

Installation:

I used the screws supplied with the case (Lian Li PC-V1200B plus II) to install the mainboard and cards. Because the length of 8800 GTX is longer and I felt that the card was heavier than 7900 GTX, I was worried if the cards damage the board or the cards’ PCI-E bridge connectors are damaged. So far, it looks O.K. (I will not move my case except monthly case clean-up).

Two SLI bridge connector:

Thanks for technodanvan, I will take one of the bridge connector off. I was also wondering why the two SLI bridge connectors are needed… The current mainboard (NF590) does not have the third PCI-E slot, and I am not planning to go for the third 8800 card, the second SLI bridge connector is no use for me.

Two SLI bridge connector:

Thanks for technodanvan, I will take one of the bridge connector off. I was also wondering why the two SLI bridge connectors are needed… The current mainboard (NF590) does not have the third PCI-E slot, and I am not planning to go for the third 880 card, the second SLI bridge connector is no use for me.

Yeah be sure to let us know if there is a difference in performance, I've read that a number of places (including the link I posted) so it's likely true.

Thats pretty impressive (and somewhat disturbing) its so cpu-dependant, I'd think an FX-62 wouldn't lag it that much at all.

Edit:

Wait, are those scores for Sli? Shamino has found a pair of stock GTXs to be cpu dependant even on a 4.5GHz Conroe, so I guess it makes sense that a stock FX-62 won't hold a candle to that. But even still, you should be getting closer to 15k I suspect...

Impressive that there's hardly a drop at all at a way higher resolution though. And I like to see that as I have your same monitor.

Like I already mentioned in your other post (temp.) - KILLER RIG - How much longer exactly is the 8800gtx over the 7900gtx? :) What monitor are you using and what is the resolution? Like you already said the 3DMark06 score seemed to be a little low. I would try to run it at the highest resolution I can just to see what the score would be! For a better score do this! He He!

thats bloody f**kin insane......22k for 3dmark06........ lmao.....

yup.

good gawd...

but on stock or *decent* overclocking, its GPU limited on high res (1600x++) gaming... saw it on another review... good to know my 2.9Ghz X2 dual core just might be able to pull off a few stunt with the GTS......

was planning to get the GTS but now that i think bout it, boxing day will come in december in canada; and prices always go down, and maybe by then people will start noticing any bugs (remember 7900GT artifacts?) that mightve showed up.... or wutever...

i think its a good idea to hold up abit... albeit its so hard when u see 3dmark scores soar beyond 15,000.... lol

yup.

good gawd...

but on stock or *decent* overclocking, its GPU limited on high res (1600x++) gaming... saw it on another review... good to know my 2.9Ghz X2 dual core just might be able to pull off a few stunt with the GTS......

was planning to get the GTS but now that i think bout it, boxing day will come in december in canada; and prices always go down, and maybe by then people will start noticing any bugs (remember 7900GT artifacts?) that mightve showed up.... or wutever...

i think its a good idea to hold up abit... albeit its so hard when u see 3dmark scores soar beyond 15,000.... lol

You right!!! I got my finger on the „submit“ button for the 8800GTS already all week but I agree waiting a bit can’t be bad! :)