Slow performance

I updated the BIOS, changed the DRAM settings and switched the memory sticks from slots 1/3 to slots 2/4, and it's still giving me the same problem... It also happens when I try to change the volume from the wheel on my G15 keyboard, except if I do that it completely locks it up with 100% CPU usage, and then I can't do anything except log off/reboot/bring up taskmanager/etc... which is a b*!$# because I accidentally bump the wheel every now and then with the side of my finger when trying to change songs using the media keys.

This makes it sound like its do with with your keyboard itself, and possibly its drivers. Uninstall and reinstall the KB drivers, preferably with the latest ones online.

It doesn't have much to do with the keyboard itself, seeing as half the time it freezes up it happens to be when I wake up in the morning. I tend to keep the PC on all night, for various reasons (sometimes for no real reason at all) and then in the morning I find that I either have to wait a while for it to unfreeze itself or I have to reboot/relogin.