is it ok combining corsair type XL with XLPRO?

aleni

my current rig has corsair memoy modules 2x512 pc3200 CMX3200XL with dual channel setup.

is it possible to put another 2x512 pc3200 but the series is different. it says CMX3200XLPRO. since i cant find the CMX3200XL series anymore in my current local stores.

does it have any stability issue combining rams with different articles ?

As far as I know you want to keep them the same brand and speeds and make sure they will all run at the same timings. Is there mcuh difference in their rated timings? I would think they'd be OK to run together. O, and they should be the same ICs also, tccd, bh5...

Where's Yellowbeard at??? :rolleyes:

I'd try to make sure they are all the same chips first. Have you gone to eBay for the ones you already have? I'm not an expert, I would wait for Yellowbeard to see this, or better yet, PM him. He's the Corsair rep they jsut got over here... :cool:

WHAT before doing so. you might wont to read whats being said about the nf4 sli-d expert and TccD getting along. And that there's a good chance that you will have to run T2 ( not that there's a problem with that) And much lower memory MHz running 4 sticks .You Might be better off selling your corsair and getting 2x1 gig sticks Of Corsair