Random rebooting issue.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you got one stick in now?

I already checked both sticks one at a time.

I have it set up now with a 5/6 divider with sticks in 2, 4. And it is running fine.

So we are lead to believe that it is the on-die memory controller.

They have passed prime95 for the first time in dual channel, when before they would fail in the first few seconds.

No reboots yet either.

theVash

with one stick ?

Both sticks, one in 2 one in 4.

I think because it is getting late, I am going to let prime95 run 1 on each processor, with the divider still On, with Command per clock : Auto. (like I guess it has been. I just found out what T1 and T2 are. So the person that said to try tunning it to T2 might have been right hours ago. :( )

And in the morning before work, turn Command per clock to disabled if there are no errors. And let that run all day.

When I get home tomorrow night from work and if prime95 is still good, I will take the divider off and try running with the Command per clock on disabled.

Thank you very much for your help. I feel like it is moving in the right direction.

To bed now.

theVash

Go into your BIOS, genie settings and try with these for me:

CAS Latency: 2.0

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6

Memory voltage: 2.7 (+.03) or 2.8 volts

Everything else on Auto.

These should pass MemTest86+ and be stable with your Memory (3200c2pt). If they fail, or you continue to get problems, get yourself over to the Corsair Tech Support forum and get an RMA setup.

Go into your BIOS, genie settings and try with these for me:

CAS Latency: 2.0

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6

Memory voltage: 2.7 (+.03) or 2.8 volts

Everything else on Auto.

These should pass MemTest86+ and be stable with your Memory (3200c2pt). If they fail, or you continue to get problems, get yourself over to the Corsair Tech Support forum and get an RMA setup.

I will try that, but I don't want to change anything i don't know about till my room mate gets hom tonight. He knows alot more about it than me.

But with his help I did change the Command per clock from auto to disabled, so it is running T2, I think.

With this setting I am running dual channel again without the divider. And it seems stable. Running prime95 again, I am going to let it run all day, and tonight Ill try your settings. Thank you.

Edit: that worked.

Turning the memory controller to T2 and everything is stable now.

Thank you everyone. :)

theVash