Random rebooting issue.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're just trying a quick test, bump to the max. If you have time, I'd start low and work up -- for the long run, if you're stable at the lower voltage, it's a better choice.

yes that's the answer to every thing ( Bump the volts to max) And if that ram is TccD ? and he don't know what hes doing and leaves it at that volt he will lose the use of 2.5 soon and with out knowing if he has extra fans on his ram? it is real bad advice. As 2.8 is said to be the max for TccD

Hate to ask - but if you only changed it 5 minutes ago, how can you be sure that it is stable already? You should run MemTest overnight first, and then boot windows and dual prime for 12+ hours...

No, u made a good point : ).

Now I am 1h prim stable.

Maximum befor was 20 seconds...

A-DATA566 should be TCCD too so 2,94V is much, but i have no choice. Better hot Ram than a instable system.

Is there a test to find out if my RAMs have TCCD, without losing the guaranteee?

WMK

OK, busy morning.

I am not running a soundcard, just using the built in one.

I removed ZoneAlarm and the comp stayed up all night after I disconected it from the net.

So I ran dual prime95 again this morning. Same error message.

I don't know anything about changing the volt to the mem or putting a divider on them. I am waiting or my roomate to get home, cause he knows alot more about it than I do.

So I opened the box back up and noticed I had the 2 sticks in the yellow slots. :( Even after trying to follow the building guide on this site.

I guess I read, "oragne slots closest to the boards edge" And just forgot about it being yellow.

So I removed both sticks and put one in the rirst orange slot.

Booted fine, and actually ran prime95 for 2 minutes, were as before it would not run at all.

(I firste set it to 100mb per core, and that seemed to start up fine, then I swithched it to 200mb per core and that was fine too. Last night when it woul not even start I kept bumping the amount down from 400 per core to 100 and each time it said "hardware falure")

So I shut down and added the second stick in the other orange slot.

Now the machine will not boot to windows. It gets to the mem check stage, then past that, and right before the starting windows screen it reboots.

I am running memtest again, and as of 10 min ago everything seemed to be checking out fine. I am using my roomate's comp to post this.

So I guess one of the sticks might be bad? Ill have to swap them out and try again.

Is it possible to put both sticks next to each other? Or do they always have to be 1 open slot in between them both if you are only running 2 sticks?

theVash

Run MemTest on each stick in the topmost orange slot. Does only 1 give errors, or are they both ok? If you run the sticks with one in yellow and one in orange then you aren't running dual channel - only single.

Again though, a PSU which is under spec can give problems just like this. What are the specs on yours, particularly the +12V rail? If you can, try and see if you can get/borrow/steal one off the recommended list to test with - i have a feeling it would definately help your cause...

Also, remove everything that is not absolutely required in your system. 1 HDD, grafix, CPU and 1 stick. Do you still get problems?

Run MemTest on each stick in the topmost orange slot. Does only 1 give errors, or are they both ok? If you run the sticks with one in yellow and one in orange then you aren't running dual channel - only single.

Again though, a PSU which is under spec can give problems just like this. What are the specs on yours, particularly the +12V rail? If you can, try and see if you can get/borrow/steal one off the recommended list to test with - i have a feeling it would definately help your cause...

Also, remove everything that is not absolutely required in your system. 1 HDD, grafix, CPU and 1 stick. Do you still get problems?

Ok fun time.

I reformated my drive and started to reinstall win xp.

It crashed. So I took the bottom most stick out, and am running it with the stick that worked fine last time I 1 stick tested it.

About a hour now, no problems.

It seems to be stress testing just fine.

This leads me to belive 1 of 2 things.

1) One of the memory sticks is bad, because it runs fine on one.

2) The PSU is just not up to snuff. I am looking at a new one off the list, but money is super tight right now. :(

I don't know how to read the text on the PSU, well I don't know what the numbers mean atleast, but it has a chart, and under +12 it says 28a yellow.

And for Freq it says 47~63Hz.

ATX 12v 500watt.

So to test these two things I have 2 plans.

1) After a while, switch sticks and see if the problems comes back and I can blaim that stick.

2) Pony up and get a new PSU which would be a bad plan money wise right now. :(

I apreciate everyones help. I seem to have the worse luck with computers. :(

I don't even want to get into my last computer, after running fine for 2-3 years started eating processors. :(

theVash