Random rebooting issue.

Hello.

I have recently purchesed new parts to build a comp, and to make a long story short...

Everything went togther smooth.

The parts I got are listed in my sig. It worked first try and everything was great.

4-5 days later I am having random reboot issues. it would just reset even if I am not at my comp, but it is on.

After scouring this site I tried a few things.

I thought the problem might have been the new 2.0 firfox. Because the eror message read something like _page_outside_of page_fault.

I didn't write it down and now the error has changed when I removed 2.0 and went back to 1.5 like my old box used.

My new error message I get from the blue screen says "Driver_IRQL_Not less_or_equal"

Same issue, random rebooting.

Some other facts...

Fan is seated nicely.

CPU temp is around 38-42c or so.

Running XP Pro sp2.

Did a lengthy mem test everything checked out.

Other things I don't think it is, but I don't know.

the PSU is not the best. Not on the recomended list, but I can't afford a new one just yet. I am planning on getting a good one soon though.

But if the PSU did something, would I get to the error screen?

And sugestions?

other than learning to spell better. ;)

Edit: ok my brain woke up.

My 2 sata drives were having probelms before.

The small drive has the os on it, and is set to master per jumpers on the back.

The large drive which is currently half full is set to master as defalt, and does not have jumpers on the back.

So I have no way of setting it to slave.

How should I change this?

Thanks.

Edit: Hmm not the whole problem.

Reboot still happens after second master drive was taken out. :(

Edit: now I have removed Firefox , and it seems fine.

I guess it will take time to see if it is fine. But I don't know why this would happen, if it was running fine for a few days with FF?

theVash

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case, have you tried running dual prime 95?

You may also want to try driver cleaner pro (free, google for it) and then reinstall the video drivers.

My new error message I get from the blue screen says "Driver_IRQL_Not less_or_equal"

Same issue, random rebooting.

I ran memtest for a long time, Everything was good.

I am running stock votage and what not.theVash

Driver_IRQL_Not less_or_equal = instability. It doesn't matter if the voltages/speeds are stock or not. The timings still have to be correct.

In that case, have you tried running dual prime 95?

You may also want to try driver cleaner pro (free, google for it) and then reinstall the video drivers.

I have not tried dual prime 95 yet. I will do that next.

Driver_IRQL_Not less_or_equal = instability. It doesn't matter if the voltages/speeds are stock or not. The timings still have to be correct.

True.

I was just saying I have not overclocked anything, in case that was going to be a question in the future.

I have also uninstalled firefox, and there have not been any rebooting issues in the last 30 minutes or so.

Maybe that is the probelm? Though I am not sure why it would be a problem.

Edit: I spoke to soon, it just rebooted.

Going to try the dual prime 95 thing...

theVash

OK a short run of 2 prime95 produced these two errors.

[Fri Nov 10 20:33:19 2006]

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

FATAL ERROR: Resulting sum was -2.326148992623603e+036, expected: 4989438579888519

On the first core, and

[Fri Nov 10 20:33:22 2006]

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

[Fri Nov 10 20:39:27 2006]

FATAL ERROR: Resulting sum was -286710697938286.8, expected: 2.671377387490394e+016

On the second core.

Now IO am going back and uninstalling all sorts of stuff to see if that helps at all.

Racewayzx thanks for the info about master and slave for sata. I did not know that.

theVash

I have the same problem, can you post ure soundcard please?

For me it seems to come from the RAM but I'm not sure about it.

Drivers may be a good point. I had problems with my Creative Soundcard with the same kind of errors.

Memtest runs 24h stable but Prim@winXP produces errors. If I Change the RAM timings to 1T, I get reboots befor the Windowscreen shows up. Interesting is the fact that the errors get MORE if I lower my FSB to 200MHz...

Maybe we can solve this issue together,

WMK

set your corsair ram at 2.75 volts and manul set the first 4 settings on your sticks in the bios

(The small drive has the os on it, and is set to master per jumpers on the back.)

set to slave and tell the boot order to boot it first

then run cpuz and make sure the SPD is the same on both sticks

Post genie bios settings and maybe we can help you out?

First things first though. Your PSU is junk. Replace it ASAP - the PSUs which ship included with cases are almost always garbage... You'll probably find that this is the cause of your issues...

Driver_IRQL_Not less_or_equal is virtually always memory related.

Memory errors are very hard to catch which is why memtest passes.

Prime95 tests your system under hard stress and the error that you're getting could be either CPU or memory.

I would start by putting your memory on a divider to see if that stabilizes things. If it does, I'd remove the divider and try a memory voltage bump to it's max and see if you're now prime-stable -- if not, I'd relax your memory timings.

I'd also consider a small Vcore bump since the memory controller is integrated into your CPU.

Are you using the orange slots?

I'd consider this CMOS clear (http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...4&postcount=24). It's amazing how often this fixes seemingly unrelated problems...