Sign in to follow this  
Fedator

[RESOLVED]REMOVED CPU IHS BORKED CPU>>removed cpu now no dual ch

SO !

NOW IS THE " GEH 600Watt be quiet! Straight Power BQT E5-600W" INSIDE.

THE SAME PROBLEM IT DOESNT BOOT WITH THE SECOND DDR MODULE, THE MODULE ITSELF IS OK, BOTH BOOD UP IF THEYRE IN THE FURTHEST YELLOW AND ORANGE SLOTS.

CAN IT BE THAT I HAVE WASTED MY MOBO DURING INSTALLATION OF COOLER AND CPU, BUT IM USED TO DO SUCH WORKS AND I DIDNT HURT THE SURFACE OF MOBO OR SOMETHING ELSE, I JUST REPLACED THE MODULES ! TIME FROM ORANGE TO YELLOW SLOTS AND SINCE THAT THE SYSTEM DOESNT BOOT UP WITH MODULES PLACED FOR DUAL CHANNEL !!!

PLEASE HELLP, MAYBE TO SET A OLDER BIOS ? OR SMTHNG ELSE ? I BEGIN TO BE DISAPPOINTED OF DFI... IT WORKED WELL IN THE BEGINNING AND I LOVED TO OCLOCK...

HOPE YOU HAVE AN ADVISE

"Today I put the cpu out and removed the heatspreeder, and reinstalled the

ram modules to the yellow slots , so my cooler could fit on the cpu."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

i am suprised everryone missed this. more than likely you have a lid removal problem. i have actually experienced this myself. i have removed several lids thinking that it would improve the clock and temps, and in one case, very similiar problem to what you are experiencing.

strangely, when I carefully reattached the lid, everything worked fine again.

when the lid is removed, it is VERY easy to have the surfaces not quite perfectly flat between the now VERY small core and the large heatsink, very easy to have problems. don't forget, the tension is reduced (depending on attachment style) when the lid is removed.....

just a thought, but to be absolutely sure, you should remove the MB, and doublecheck the heatsink attachment....

good luck,

baldy

thanks, but i think if it would be because of the lid, the rig wouldnt boot at all, but it boots and just two DDR slot aren't working....

but ill try to put the lid back.

Try placing back the original cooler so that you can try with the orange slots again. It's just a test to see if it boots and works like it did before. If it does, then try to get a cpu cooler that doesn't obstruct the orange slots.

--Fernando

"thanks, but i think if it would be because of the lid, the rig wouldnt boot at all, but it boots and just two DDR slot aren't working...."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

uh, yes, if the attachment is decent enough, you will experience these problems as the cpu will be cool enough for awhile, but eventually will krap under any kind of load. this is a very critical issue when removing the lid, you are not the first to experience problems in this area.

when i replace the lids, i reapply the thermal paste, make sure the cover is going back on the same way (line it up with the glue 'opening'), make sure all burrs are removed, then a very small drop of superglue gel @each corner of the original sealer/glue line, replace lid carefully, immediately insert in MB ziff, clip on stock heatsink and leave it alone for a half hour or so, the pressure is necessary to have a real good attachment again.

i am still betting it is an attachment problem with lid removed. since you are inside the rig, you may want to doublecheck all the rest of the power attachments, make sure nothing got jostled from the interior work.

good luck.

baldy

Edit >>> Darn, just noticed the 'yellow slot' usage. Woe is me, this is more than likely a large contributor to the problem. I am running with a Big Typhoon, supergood cooling with a 120mm, and room to use any or all the ram slots. get the ram out of the yellow slots and back into the orange........................so many probems with yellow slots and ramski...............

goddamn no!

1. Sharptooth+ : The both rams dont work in orange slots and not working in yellow slots ! I checked everything already

2. bldegle: im sure its not because of this, with one ddr I boot up and can work, exellent temps 35-38 C on full load (super Pi)! But of i put in the second ram - it doesnt boot.

Now I run stock cooler and lid is back on, but not so good pressed, and also it didnt want too boot.

Really dont know what to do.

I think it is a mobo failure. Have no other cpu to proof it :(

I think it is a mobo failure. Have no other cpu to proof it :(

More then likely a cpu failure. This is one of the symtoms people experience when the IHS is improperly removed/cpu is damaged. After all, everything worked fine until you performed surgery on the processor.

damn I just reinstalled the cooler and noticed, that two capacitors on the cpu surface were damaged, I think its the reason for my trouble, we installed the cooler without to eject the mobo of the box and didnt see how the heatsink was adjusted, the heatsink is a thermaltake beetle and very hard to install.... but my cpu is now running 33 C full load lol, but not overclocked.

will buy X2 soon and try if it will be ok.

this is another common problem when the lid is removed, extra careful care must be taken or the little capacitors can take a hit on the top of the CPU silica.

i was just going to post that the ONLY thing you changed was the LID removal, then the problems, but it seems you have found the problem.

bummer, i have many cpu's i have fubared over the years in a box, why, i don't know, just can't throw them away...

baldy

bldegle

Yeah, ure right, I was to lazy to put out the mobo to adjust the heatsink ..

Whatever, it was a 3000+ venice and because of this problem I buyed a new awesome PSU. :)

But the strange thing is, that my cpu works fine now on 2,5 Ghz with 2 broken capacitors... I guess the two ram slots aren't workin because the amd 64 architecture has a southbridge inside the cpu and it adresses the ram directly from the cpu, maybe because of the damaged capacitors there troubles with the ram..

but we will see next week if it was the cpu, ill get x2 3800 Toledo witha lid on it :)

Thanks to all who took the time to help me.