(Resolved) Trying to overclock on my Ultra-D and i'm having trouble wi

spark plugs.

i'm trying to find the max HTT for my motherboard and in order to do so I:

lower HTT multi to 2x

lower cpu multi to 5x

lower ram divider to 100

upped the chipset voltage to 1.8

upped the ldt voltage to 1.4

and i keep upping the htt. for some reason, i CANNOT boot past 300 mhz.

at 300mhz it runs fine with absolutely no problems, but for some reason, i cannot get the computer to boot even at 301.

1st of all....go back and actually read the rules.... you agreed to them when you signed up... abide by the rules before posting again...

You will get better help this way....I, as well as, anyone else here have no idea what you have...;)

4A. Signatures - Updated 8/6/2005....pay attention to this rule....

1st of all....go back and actually read the rules.... you agreed to them when you signed up... abide by the rules before posting again...

You will get better help this way....I, as well as, anyone else here have no idea what you have...;)

4A. Signatures - Updated 8/6/2005....pay attention to this rule....

i'm very sorry, sir. please help me, now.

Thank you....

Now to get started... what are the max Memtested limites of your ram....you did this right...???

use Cpu-Z to verify you LDT setting...I think you can leave that to auto..? I can on my SLI-DR...

And out of curiosity..what bios are you running...? Edit that into your sig...

that Ultra 600watt unit may be youe culprit...? Ultras arent in very good regards around here...

Check the OCDB for ram settings with ram like yours...

That board is well capable for over 300fsb and that chip should easily hit the magic 334x9....

put the chipset at 1.6....LDT at 1.4...

youe either at a ram limit or a power limit... hard to tell with out the answer to the ram limit question...;)

Thank you....

Now to get started... what are the max Memtested limites of your ram....you did this right...???

haven't done that yet, but would it affect the mobo fsb even if the mem divider is turned right down?

use Cpu-Z to verify you LDT setting...I think you can leave that to auto..? I can on my SLI-DR...

cpu-z currently says that with a 300x9 3xhtt multi, i'm at 901.5 mhz

And out of curiosity..what bios are you running...? Edit that into your sig...

i'm running the 11/14/2005 bios

that Ultra 600watt unit may be youe culprit...? Ultras arent in very good regards around here...

assuming it were the culprit, would it really prevent me from adding just ONE more 1 mhz and not being able to boot? it's really funny. i'm running at 300 mhz no probs. but if i go to 301 mhz, i can't boot

Check the OCDB for ram settings with ram like yours...

That board is well capable for over 300fsb and that chip should easily hit the magic 334x9....

put the chipset at 1.6....LDT at 1.4...

i have the chipset a 1.8, should i lower it?

youe either at a ram limit or a power limit... hard to tell with out the answer to the ram limit question...;)

:confused:

A good read would be the AMD Overclocking guide. There is a link to it under my sig. You need to understand what is happeneing before you go farther.

I have no idea what your statement " and i keep upping the htt. for some reason, i CANNOT boot past 300 mhz." means.

Why is your chipset votlage set to 1.8v?

You really need to slow down and follow the guides step by step.

Good Luck.

A good read would be the AMD Overclocking guide. There is a link to it under my sig. You need to understand what is happeneing before you go farther.

I have no idea what your statement " and i keep upping the htt. for some reason, i CANNOT boot past 300 mhz." means.

Why is your chipset votlage set to 1.8v?

You really need to slow down and follow the guides step by step.

Good Luck.

according to most guides i read, a 1.8 chipset voltage seems to be fine and most guides recommend just leaving it there.

what my statement meant was that, in my attempts to find teh max fsb my board can attain, i up the htt more and more and boot the computer up each time just to make sure it makes it into windows.

at 300 htt, i boot into windows just fine, which means my mobo can work at 300 htt regardless of the ram and cpu

at 301 htt or higher, i can't boot into windows and i find it strange and hard to believe that my mobo's max htt is 300 htt and it hits such an abrupt wall.