Sign in to follow this  
red930

8800 series comparisons in games

8 months? What part of someone's butt did you pull that out of? LOL J/K

But seriously, DX10 is not 8 months down the road, it's like... 2.

There are a couple of DX10 games that will hit the street in the next six months and they will both fall back to DX9...as will any Directx game for the next 18-24 months if it wants to have enough sales to support itself.

Viper

8 months? What part of someone's butt did you pull that out of? LOL J/K

But seriously, DX10 is not 8 months down the road, it's like... 2.

games written with full DX10 compliance won't start showing up for about 8-12 months

just because a 'new technology' just hits the market doesn't mean we are going to be flooded with software that can use it immediately

i just got 2 8800gtx's. i couldnt agree with angry more about gettin away from crossfire & going to sli. i had 1900xtx in crossfire & longed for sli. i went to 2 7950gt's which were nice. but these 8800gtx's are monsters. i havent run all my tests yet but i like to play at 2560 x 1600 on 30" monitor & they handle it np. i did run 3d marks 05 & 06. the low res scores were not great. but the high res scores about doubled over the 2 7950 gt's. also i could run aa on 3dmark 06 with the hdr test. i set up both tests @ 2560 x 1600 with 4 aa & 8 af. 3d mark 05 score:12684 3d mark 06 score:6923