Sign in to follow this  
red930

8800 series comparisons in games

Looks like at high resolutions the GTX even gets better....I'm going to have to get one aren't I? Stupid monitor....

I'll hold off though until some guys at the 'street have them though, as much as I want one I want to be sure the GTX or the GTS is the right choice.

From the early reports from users it seems the GTS OC to GTX speeds and beyond,only Q for me right now is which one to get,maybe I can use the Evga step up to go from GTO to GTS/GTX

its all about vista too, new g card means new operating system. Vista has a six level price range.

Meh, by the time Vista comes out in a form I'd actually want to buy, I'll be getting a different graphics card anyways.

I know a 8800GTS is overkill for me, but Yeeeeshhh, that is one sweet card.

Vista is way long ways down the road to make an impact on getting one of these new cards.

>>>>I was impressed that a 7900GTX Sli or x1900xt/x1950xtx Crossfire could keep up w/the 8800GTX<<<<

Seems like only in certain games...BF2 and another...but remember the drivers still need improvement...that's scary!

the results depend on the testing configuration being used. The 8800GTX starts to really shine at higher resolutions with both AA and AF set at 16x.

Single card? Yes 600 will do it.

SLI? Good freakin' luck.

According to Guru3D, ONE 8800GTX requires around 300 watts of power BY ITSELF ;)

And the fact that SLI of two 7900GTs barely keeps up with ONE 8800GTX in REAL benchmarks/games is ridiculous if you ask me. Heck, one beats the crap out of my system. That's why I'm upgrading and selling my current cards.