Sign in to follow this  
kbruno

OCZ 2Gig RAM...worth it?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820227084

I was looking at these for christmas, I like the low latency anything is better than the crappy OC of 208.3MHz that my Corsairs are doing right now...but Im starting to like OCZ and I just wanna know if these were a good pair...I know there spending but when its a gift who cares right? I'm putting the Corsair into another rig im in the process of getting parts for...so they wont be wasted...any other models that are legit?

Looking at your sig, you would really benefit from a DDR500 kit.

DDR500 is getting as scarce as Republicans in congress.;)

You may not see any performance increase over what you have now. There is no guarantee on how they will overclock. As scarce as DDRI is getting the IC's are not binning as high as in the past. If you can't find some DDR500 as Kingfisher has already said you'll be better off keeping what you have.

those particular modules are NOT overclockers at all

I have 2 kits of those and you will be lucky to break 205 @ 2-3-5-2, and you've be even luckier to break 220 @ 2.5-4-8-4

if you can find some PC4000 2GB kits, that is what you want. there is a sticky about it at the top of this section

Looking at your sig, you would really benefit from a DDR500 kit.

DDR500 is getting as scarce as Republicans in congress.;)

LOL...

Happy_Games is right, however those CL2 3 2 5 modules work really well using dividers. I guess its more comfortable using DDR500 modules, also less problematic.

As for 2 gb... indeed it is necesary with today's games, as a matter of fact Vista might require 2 gb as much as Windows XP required 1 gb... so 4 gb might be whats best in the future, hopefully not... :)

I've never had luck with those OCZ PC3200 2-3-5-2 2GB kits working on a divider either, so I wouldn't suggest taking the chance

I suggest looking in that top sticky and finding some good Corsair PC4000 2GB kits as they are pretty much the only ones that are largely available (and I've already got plenty of SSDB and OCDB entries for the PC4000 Corsair kits, which means I have them, which means I or Yellowbeard can help you more than we could with Gskill or Patriot etc)

I've never had luck with those OCZ PC3200 2-3-5-2 2GB kits working on a divider either, so I wouldn't suggest taking the chance

I suggest looking in that top sticky and finding some good Corsair PC4000 2GB kits as they are pretty much the only ones that are largely available (and I've already got plenty of SSDB and OCDB entries for the PC4000 Corsair kits, which means I have them, which means I or Yellowbeard can help you more than we could with Gskill or Patriot etc)

Yeah, its a mess to use the dividers... and these modules are so picky about the frequency you run them at, its a headache I won't suggest anyone else to have :sweat:

I have mine running like it says on signature, and they run as sweet as ever... but, actually BIG BUT, I have the same modules on another rig (nF3 250 socket 939) and they can't run 1T at CL2 3 2 5 (or any latency)... and then the same modules can't run CL2 with the Asus A8N SLI or A8N SLI 32X motherboards.

DDR500 2 gb kit is the way to go... Corsair are a good choice like HG says.

I use Corsair TWINX2048-4000PT's in my secondary rig and they work great.. I've had them to about 265mhz fully prime stable, they might make it a little higher but I never pushed them much more then this.

I have same xms ram as initial poster ...

I found it a lil odd his ram only does 208.3

I am at 233 on mine dual prime okay for me

I have same xms ram as initial poster ...

I found it a lil odd his ram only does 208.3

I am at 233 on mine dual prime okay for me

remember that everyone's results will be different, and especially some of the Corsair modules...their model # might stay the same but the IC's inside might change completely from one batch to another (ie: you buy XMS3200 4.1 sticks that have Hynix D6 just as example and go a month later to buy some XMS3200 4.1 and it's not Hynix D6 anymore, even though it might be rated for same timings @ PC3200)

this isn't a terrible thing, this is just how it is. I think Corsair's forum has a huge list of what IC's are on what models.

Ill check out the sticky.... I was just under the impression that DFI and Corsair werent the best....but ill let you know what i find....

im looking at the TWINX2048-4000PT....too bad they cost 295.00 but maybe around Christmas time they will have a deal...maybe...wishful thinking..and the CL 2 isnt a big advantage of CL3 at DDR 500 right?

Ok so i looked at the sticky and saw all corsair products..which is good I like corsair...I checked newegg out and saw some of the other brands OCZ, Mushikin, G.SKILL Extreme, Crucial, etc.

Are any of these brands offer the same amount of performance or near performance as the Corsairs? I saw that the G.SKILL Extremes were five eggs with 287 reviews...I didnt know if anyone has tested out these other types and see how they performed.

Sign in to follow this