New 2gig RAM, wich bios should i try first ?

GooD

Hello there,

My actual ram is OCZ 1GIG VX GOLD and im think im ready for a change, this ram is fast as hell but i think more ram wont hurt at that point for my gaming needs. (Most of the time, QUANTITY > SPEED for ram if you play a game for a long time)

So, i think i'll buy this kit :

OCZ EL Platinum PC3200 2GB 2X1GB DDR400 CL2-3-2-5 184PIN Pin Dual Channel Memory Kit /W Ramsink

But im not very aware of the new bios since my last search (last year). My actual bios is 510-2. Wich one do you think i should try for my new ram ?

when you say 'the ram i am using', you mean the OCZ 1GIG VX or the OCZ EL Platinum PC3200 2GB 2X1GB DDR400 CL2-3-2-5 ?

My actual ram is the VX and it overclock pretty well at 3.1 volt. Im actually at 3-2-2-8 at 500 mhz.

For the ram i would like to buy (the Platinum PC3200 2GB) , i only read good things about this ram on the net, it seems like a kick-butt 2GB kit if you ask me.

Yeah, i know that the more ram you have, the less it will overlock in overall.

But when i look at the stock timings (2-3-2-5) , man that's a good start !!!

I will maybe lose a little on the power (mhz) side but im sure i can manage to hit 480-500mhz with this ram too.

What i dislike in overall with 2GB kit is the timings, but this ram is different, with timings like that, who needs overlock ? :angel:

Timings arent everything my friend :) (actually, they dont really mean much at all on this particular platform, unless you want higher numbers on memory benchmarks, which dont relate to real world performance)

Linkage

Wow , nice link ! but gimme a week or two to read it all lol

I know timings arent EVERYTHING, but if you get 500mhz with good timings i say ur in way to see great performance in overall.

Yeah, i know that the more ram you have, the less it will overlock in overall.

There are DDR500 kits that clock very well.

Your 4000+ Sandy and the EL plats would be a nice fit unless you use 11 or even 10 multi then go for DDR500.