GFX card and RAM

delemon

Greetings to all! I may be selling my 7800GTX to my roommate so he can run SLI, so I am looking into a single card upgrade that will be able to match or exceed the 7800GTX. I'm not giving him much of a break, but still a break, cause I have an exact match manufacturer card, same rev, and same bios.

So, what single-card solution should I look for? Maybe in the $200-$300 range. I have no brand loyalty, and I play all sorts of games from UT2004, FEAR, Obilvion, Doom3, UO (hehe), RoL, RoN, AoE3, etc, etc.

Second question is about RAM. I'm currently using the RAM in my sig, but I'm thinking it might be a good idea to make the jump to 2GB before prices get much higher. Anyone know of any current deals on 2GB kits that can handle an Opty 165 Overclock (320x9, 150 divider seems to work for me at this point).

Thanks!

Ryan

8800GTS comes out tomorrow. It is higher than your price range but DX10 and monster of a card. A single 8800GTX can beat TWO X1950XTX. The 8800GTS is a slightly slower card but still should be able to beat the snot out of a 1950XTX