My Pc Vs. Friends

young-joseph

All I know is that drystone tests said I wont. I've got a 2600 barton in that system now, it's still not up and running but once I get everything up and running again I plan on running more benchmarks agains the two. I'm gonna use the same vid card, same ram, only difference will be mobo and cpu. But as much as I hate to I will admit that if he did oc his I wouldnt stand a chance in hell.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All i know is that one is cheeper and thats the one that i bought, but i like the strong bad avatar TypicalSloan. Trogdor is the coolest guy ever

Strong bad makes me laugh when my comp pisses me off.

I like both processors because they both have admirable qualities....and i own both brands :)

All I know is that drystone tests said I wont

Oops, I ment won, not wont. Yeah I won drystone tests.

I know they are both 200 and just multiplied by 2 and 4. My question is what multiplies them and how are....actually if you dont mind could you just go into more depth explain how its multiplied and how that works.

This is the main place were the arguments between AMD and Intel come from, but also explains the difference.

AMD @ 166 or 200MHz

|****| |****|

|****| |****|

|****| |****|

|****| |****|

|****| |****|

|****| |****|

As far as I know AMD has Two [wide] lanes (pipelines) = more at a slower speed

P4 @ B533 OR C800MHz

|*| |*| |*| |*|

|*| |*| |*| |*|

|*| |*| |*| |*|

|*| |*| |*| |*|

|*| |*| |*| |*|

|*| |*| |*| |*|

Whereas INTEL has 4 [narrow] lanes (pipelines) at a faster speed

Diagram copyrighted 2003 by Nerual interfaces LTD :P

I cant make it any clearer than that

I dont think they are narrower, just longer in intel than amd? The thing is you just dont see to many amds hitting 300fsb like the p4c's due. Im sure there are some cray amds that might hit 300 with phase change cooling, but its more common to see a p4 hit those high fsbs than amd.

Edited by TypicalSloan

My buds stock amd 2500+ barton beats the crap outta my other buds intel 2.8ghz, and oced im sure it would own even more.

he got the 2500 up to 2.5ghz the other day, i dont know the settings, clock multiplyer etc... Thats with aircooling too!

Thermalright SLK 900 i do think it is called, with a air conditioner ducted into his case. But yah it was fast..

I love messing with comps :ph34r::blink:

Edited by zep_54

• 2 weeks later...