HELP! Winflash stuck at 31%

Recheck you got the .BIN named exactly as it is in the script, check it all again.....i have had that a few times when i have not named bios bin correctly ie NB24F604.bin instead of NB24F604.BIN.

If that dont work then do like Praz says and get you a new bios rom...

Logan

Double-checked it. Still no dice. I'll try the new chip.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys aren't going to believe this, but on a whim I made a floppy with Diamond Flash Image, put it in, and about 30 seconds later I had transformed my $2000 paperweight back into a computer.

God I can be dumb sometimes.

How i dont get it you said it does nothing but look for boot block ie floppy....:confused: But Congrats on getting it sorted :)

Logan

Well, with the floppy I made, and I tried several different variations (messed with the command line switches in the autoexec file, and used different boot disk utilities), it would either not boot at all, or it would boot, load the flash utility, and then sit on the "PLEASE WAIT!" screen forever. With the Diamond Flash disk it booted, loaded the flash utility, said "PLEASE WAIT!", then the word

"CHECKSUM" with some hex code next to it, and then a few seconds later it started flashing the bios.

:confused: :eek: :)

Within a few minutes, Windows was back up like nothing had ever happened.

Edit: Thanks a ton for the help, by the way. I learned a lot about the bios during this ordeal. If it weren't for DFI Street I'd probably have thrown out the motherboard.