DFI Infinity CFX3200-M2/G (socket AM2 + Crossfire!) Stock Speed DB en

I like the spacing on the PCI-e slots. Nice and wide... Though it's almost too wide. I mean, unless those new cards that use the internal connector have really long connectors they might not reach?

Guess I'll have to see what ATI puts out for DX10 hardware. I'm thinking it'll be better than the current NV stuff. So I'm definately interested in seeing more of what this board can do, cause I might be buying one early next year :D

Mainly worried about if crossfire will actually work with the new cards...

Edit: I'm going to guess the board is rated for DDR2-800 unlike newegg has listed? They have DDR2-667, though they also have that for all the DFI boards except the LanParty for AM2...

And H_G... That's rather impressive for no voltage adjustments... :eek2:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I'll have to see what ATI puts out for DX10 hardware. I'm thinking it'll be better than the current NV stuff. So I'm definately interested in seeing more of what this board can do, cause I might be buying one early next year

whatever it is, we aren't likely to see anything but pre-PR stuff until spring of next year..but you can imagine that it will of course be better than Nvidia's G80 stuff, so Nvidia will catch a larger amount of paying customers until then that are ready to upgrade/purchase, and when the ATI stuff comes out, they will take the majority of upgrade/purchase dollars as they will be 'the best' for a while.

Only problem is, the gpu's are only adopted by a relative few in reality. A mid-range card almost always sells much much better than the very top-end stuff...because of price.

But I think that having those few top-ends really shows everyone what the top-end looks like, so when you compare a mid-range card of theirs to the top-end, and it looks fairly decent, then you get customers interested for sure (hey, it's $300 less but only 35% less in performance! sorta trade-off most do because most of us (that whole 60%-75% of us) just don't have $500+ to drop everytime a new video card comes out...we wait until they are $300, and when they finally drop to $250, we start snapping them up quick to the point of really not finding a whole lot anymore)).

the board does DDR2-800 just fine. It does 720 @ 800 divider on Sempron because the Sempron memory controller is 667, not 800 like the regular Athlon64/X2.

Crossfire will work with any Crossfire-capable ATI-based video cards because this is a Crossfire chipset.

I won't argue about mid range graphics. I've only owned one graphics card that at it's time was concidered high end. And that was a Radeon 9800Pro... But that won't stop me from wanting to buy some high end DX10 stuff and buying it if I can get the $ ;)

I know the board will do crossfire. But the new crossfire, not the dongle one... The one with the bridge cards that all the new cards are using. That's the one I'm wondering about, as I'm going to guess those bridges have a max length and since they come with the cards and not the boards...

But the new crossfire, not the dongle one

as far as I know, Crossfire is Crossfire as long as it is on a Crossfire chipset, especially with the 6.11 drivers that are software-enabled (meaning you don't have to have the hardware dongle for the X1950's I guess).

I'd answer more, but momma keeps braying laughter everytime she sees the word 'dongle' and then walks around repeating it to herself for an hour while giggling each time...

I'd answer more, but momma keeps braying laughter everytime she sees the word 'dongle' and then walks around repeating it to herself for an hour while giggling each time...

That's classic... I almost fell off my chair after reading it (from lauging as I know people who would do the same thing) :shake:

I'll have to find out the spacing on the bridges with the new cards...

So I see this on newegg : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813136017

and I have been reading reviews, and I have heard about the m2-r/g board coming out. I was going to be getting the asus board, but I love my DFI boards, and I have seen what the DFI can do compared to other overclocking boards out there

so should I get the one listed on newegg.com for the 150....... or wait for this m2-r/g board?? I will be matching it with the OCZ ATI edition of the crossfire memory; or I will be getting team groups pc26400 4-4-4-10 micron d9 chips

so whats the opinions on these?

Oh wow, do you have specifications for the M2R/G board? I WAS going to get the one you posted on NewEgg, but I think I'll wait till I hear more on the G revision, since having dual LAN would be great, and more SATAII connectors. So I'll see what G does, but I'd personally wait off a bit.

I've included a link to what I think you're talking about, is it this?

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Compute...cfx3200-m2r.jpg

The details of the features are to the right on the paper tab.

So I see this on newegg : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813136017

and I have been reading reviews, and I have heard about the m2-r/g board coming out. I was going to be getting the asus board, but I love my DFI boards, and I have seen what the DFI can do compared to other overclocking boards out there

so should I get the one listed on newegg.com for the 150....... or wait for this m2-r/g board?? I will be matching it with the OCZ ATI edition of the crossfire memory; or I will be getting team groups pc26400 4-4-4-10 micron d9 chips

so whats the opinions on these?

i don't know anything about a 'm2-r/g' board

I only know about the 3200-M2 Infinity that I have and you've linked to

I have the ATI Crossfire Edition OCZ DDR2-800 (it does 4-4-4- @ 800, 5-5-5 @ 1000!)

I got to tell you boys...after 4+ years of "dual LAN" with DFI motherboards, there has NEVER been a single situation that I've ever needed the second LAN port other than the first one died somehow (rare).

more LAN ports = more crap on the board that can go wrong, interefere with windows, etc

more SATA/RAID ports = more crap on the board that can go wrong, interefere with windows, etc

personally, I like single-LAN boards with zero integrated sound, very few featuers, etc because they tend to have less problems and overclock better.

and not to be rude, but if you want to speculate about a board that isn't in our hands or on retail shelves, do it somewhere else.

DFI-Street is not Speculation Central.

We deal only in boards we have and customers can buy.

and not to be rude, but if you want to speculate about a board that isn't in our hands or on retail shelves, do it somewhere else.

DFI-Street is not Speculation Central.

We deal only in boards we have and customers can buy.

I understood that when I read other threads, as it states that elsewhere. Just wondering about it.

You're right, if you want, please delete my posts. I'm sorry. Anyway, I didn't think of it as you were- having more things on a motherboard means having more things go wrong.

nah everyone is entitled to their opinions and thoughts, we just try really hard to keep speculation to a minimum because it simply causes way too many problems for us (who have to do real technical support lol).

remember the old days when a motherboard only had the cpu, RAM, pci/agp slots?

You had to purchase a sound card because they didn't have onboard sound (and those that did...sucked really bad). They didn't have RAID controllers, they didn't have Firewire controllers, etc (and those that did...usually sucked pretty bad lol).

My original Asus A7V KT133 board was awesome...it had ZERO integrated junk on it, and it was the best board I ever laid hands on until the DFI Lanparty NF3 250Gb.

Btw, that A7V is STILL in service (900Mhz AthlonXP, 512MB SDRAM PC133) running in my best bro's mom's office ;)