Sign in to follow this  
DuTcH

infinity +1

Anyone give me a little advice or experiences with the DFI INFINITY RS482/G

was looking to put one in a SmF or small tower case

Had an Infinity RS482 for a month now and had no problems with it. Was running Oblivion on it last week flawlessly, obviously with a graphics card and not onboard.

I have really liked mine. Ballistix works well with it and I have been able to run 4x512 with no problems (running at 250 2t). It has a really good bios with all the settings you will need. I have not run an x2 on it yet, but one is on the way. Raid is good. Only draw back is I cant the onboard sound to work with linux. The sb450 is seen as sb400 so nether the atiixp or hda_intell sound drivers will not work. Windows is flawless.

yeah i got a 19" screen, 3700+ 939 and a SmF case so im gonna build a machine for the missus, media style, she shops online and watch's soaps...... yep thats about it, lol. The funniest bit is she has already chose a colour scheme for the case hahaha she not worried about all the 'niner' inside, but I was gonna put a media setup in the bedroom anyway(need something to do in there), but would like to stay DFI as much as possible.

Any advice on good tv cards?

A very good board, i've managed to build a cheap rig based on this board and found no issues. With passive cooling on the chipset it's also very quiet.

I've only two advice:

- heard that may have some issues with certain type of PSU, especially with enermax liberty series, and generally with the one wich has two or more power rails;

- it overclocks very well and is very stable, but i've found that it needs a little more voltage on CPU to get stability (the same CPU on a DFI NF3 Ultra needs 0,25 - 0,50 vCore less)

I use the regular rs482 very stable. I got the onboard sound to work with Knoppix but maybe the G version is different. Very good overclocker and I use Antec Smartpower 500w and did have restart issues with an Xclio 450bl. I keep it on 24/7 overclocked to 300 HTT prime stable. I use it for everything and it takes everything I throw at it. I am looking to build another system for a family member and will use this board to save money for them with everything onboard they can upgrade as they desire and 939 is the budget way to go right now. I am going to use this till the quad/DDR3 supported boards come out.

Any advice on good tv cards?

if you want analog, check out the ati 550 (have one, love it!), or anything from hauppage.

if you want HD, ive also used and highly recommend the ati HDTV wonder or the newer ati tv wonder 650 pro. the new 650 is amazing! im going to buy one here in the next couple of weeks.

have the infinity rs482..... so far i still need to plug a tv tuner... but for now, its running HD through component output and plays HD content wonderfully... it can even score 500ish at 3dmark05....

all in the onboard video hahahahaha

Guest scott2
have the infinity rs482..... so far i still need to plug a tv tuner... but for now, its running HD through component output and plays HD content wonderfully... it can even score 500ish at 3dmark05....

all in the onboard video hahahahaha

For what it is the onboard video isn't bad. One of the main reasons for getting the rs482 was the built-in video with DVI. I bought it for an HTPC, and it's been working great for several months now. Combined with a Hauppauge PVR 500 it makes a great media center rig.

Sign in to follow this