Tick 4 Tach

DuTcH

I may have lost the plot but while perusing through the fine entries on the forum logo contest I got to thinking how cool it would be to have a tach-like display on your machine measuring your overclock, this would be a desirable concept a manafacturer should really look into, but until then I'm gonna have a look into some sort of mockup, any thoughts or suggestions? (yes I know I'm Crazy and yes I take the pills)

I seem to remember a mod being sold here in the US by Xoxide that used a real Sun auto tach for that purpose. You bought the parts from them, and there was a new dial faceplate that could be printed out to replace the standard dial!

I've seen SunPro tachometers mods- sold as a kit that hook up thru serial port. The Xoxide PC Tachometer was the one. link:

http://www.modthebox.com/review129_1.shtml

The software to run it must be purchased seperately, and there's almost no manual for installation(according to reviews I read).

*edit* EvilFruits' link says software included, but discontinued. good luck finding one! lol

I came across this as I was looking for a software version of the same thing- If any of you guys find a program that displays Tach with core speed (on monitor) let me know. My searches have been unsuccessful.

If any of you guys find a program that displays Tach with core speed (on monitor) let me know. My searches have been unsuccessful.

That's an easy one. Make the tach face in PhotoShop. Use it as the the graphics background in Samurize and display processor speed using WMI or a Performance Monitor.

• 1 month later...