Sign in to follow this  
Suddhodana

Serious Problem! (Bios-flash gone wrong...)

Hi guys!

I have tried to flash my Bios with Winflash to this Version: NF4LD406.

I followed the instructions given besides one point: I did not tick "CMOS Default". After the upgrade process (which was successful) I restarted my PC but now its not booting :( ! I can hear a "clicking" noise (maybe the HD?) and the buzzing of the coolers but nothing more! Did I destroye my Bios because I did not cross "CMOS default"(Yeah I know, it was stupid...)? Do I have to buy a new Bios Chip or are there other possiblities to revive my Computer? :(

I hope you can help me! :angel:

Greetings,

Ricardo

When I saw the title of your post I said to myself, let me guess, WinFlash was used. As you found out never use WinFlash. It's quite possible that you will need a new chip.

Try the No Boot CMOS Clear. Follow it to the letter. The link is in my sig. If it does boot after that flash the bios with Tmod's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI. Everything you need is in that thread. Good luck.

Let it be known that flashing your BIOS using winflash is NOT RECOMMENDED. Always do this procedure via floppy or download the cd that Tmod was kind enough to make and maintain to make our flashing experience painless.

You should try doing a CMOS clear for 10-15 mins and if that dosnt work, do the long clear...lemme find it, 1 sec

EDIT: Guess i dont need to find it...good ole Praz saves the day :)

Thanks for the posts guys!

Is it required that the mainboard is connected to electricity while the Cmos clearing process?

Greetings,

Ricardo

It IS best that the board has ZERO electricity in fact...by the way go to your profile and list your real location as outlined in the what to do to post correctly you signed when registering to post at the 'street'...

RGone...:confused:

Thanks for the posts guys!

Is it required that the mainboard is connected to electricity while the Cmos clearing process?

Greetings,

Ricardo

It IS best that the board has ZERO electricity in fact...by the way go to your profile and list your real location as outlined in the what to do to post correctly you signed when registering to post at the 'street'...

Sorry :(

Good news everyone! Its working again heh! Cmos clear for the win :D

But now all my settings are gone.. any tips for my configuration? :)

Greetings,

Ricardo

Load optimized defaults, and then see the stock speed database for good known configurations. You can then go to the OC database for some faster timings, but I would recommend finding those yourself. :)

Good Job with the CMOS clear!

AND NEVER flash to one bios and try to use the CMOS Reloaded feature settings from a differnent bios or previus bios or whatever...Reload the settings to CMOS Reloaded after every bios flash...or suffer the dork up that can occur...

New Problem!

After that Windows loading screen I get a blue screen and the PC restarts himself. I think I had the same problem when I installed my PC for the first time and I somehow solved that problem with a raise in Ram and/or CPU Voltage but I am not so sure anymore... What are the upper limits for the RAM/CPU Voltage?

Greetings,

Ricardo

After any bios flash it is a good idea to test your memory/pc again with memtest.

Do that and if all is fine, Reinstall your OS.

Reinstalling would be the worst case :(

But again the Voltage question: What is the upper limit for my RAM and the AMD64? As I said I had that problem before, even with a completely new PC.

Btw. Memtest was running 12 hours with only one error.

Greetings,

Ricardo