BlueScreen Memory Dump and Automatic Computer Restart Upon Loading OS

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Antec Neo HE 550 is on the list, but as stated there it isn't recomended for high end setups. It will depend on what your friend is intending to run in his rig as to his results (and as always, your individual mileage may vary ;o)

Your new PSU is the business though, and will . all over that Antec for stability and OC'ing potential...

Actually, in that rig I have an Opteron 144 which i'm still in the process of getting up to speed. There are a bunch of dual cores that clock extremely well, amongst them the opty 165's which i've heard very good things about. The x2 4400's in particular are notoriously bad 'clockers - but there are still some good ones in the loop. Can't remember off the top of my head what i had mine running at 24/7, but i'll check for you when i get home tonight...

The Opty 165 is an exceptional overclocker. The Opteron processors have exceptional memory controllers. With X2's your mileage will vary. The X2 3800's seem to have the most headroom. My X2 4800 runs 24/7 at 2.75ghz But that is the max. for stability and heat. It will hit 2.80ghz but will only run dual prime about six hours before it fails due to heat.

Having not run any of the Antec power supplies, I can't comment on their quality or reliability. But I can give 100% unreserved recommendations for both the OCZ and Fortron units. They are exceptional. And you made a wise decision when you chose the OCZ GameXStream. It is a great unit.

Cheers.

AA++ to the PSU unit you guys recommended (OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI, LOVE IT. Computer runs solid. Not to sure how to quote people yet, I would appreciate someone’s help on that. wevsspot, I used your numbers for the ram and I got my computer to run stable at 2.53 for my dual core. The multiplier is at 11x230. If I increase it more, the system becomes unstable. Any more suggestions will be helpful to me. What is the max that anyone has gotten out of a AMD Dual Core 4200+? Also, chipset fan is a bit to loud on this board, any suggestions for mod fans that are not as loud?

AA++ to the PSU unit you guys recommended (OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI, LOVE IT. Computer runs solid. Not to sure how to quote people yet, I would appreciate someone’s help on that. wevsspot, I used your numbers for the ram and I got my computer to run stable at 2.53 for my dual core. The multiplier is at 11x230. If I increase it more, the system becomes unstable. Any more suggestions will be helpful to me. What is the max that anyone has gotten out of a AMD Dual Core 4200+? Also, chipset fan is a bit to loud on this board, any suggestions for mod fans that are not as loud?

Well, my X2 4800 only runs stable up to 2.75ghz and that is with some fairly substantial voltage and IHS removed. So 2.53ghz is scaling pretty well with X2 4200. IMHO clocking on the X2's is restricted by the memory controller and heat. I eliminated the heat problem by removing the IHS and mounting a TT BT on my core, temps stay nice and cool, but memory controller is still the bottle neck.

• 1 month later...

Ok, update to my problem. After I got a better power supply everything works great. No more bluescreen. Did a memory test, tests perfect. Did a prime95 test for 48 hours..no problems. But I do have one problem that just does not go awey. This is what happens. When I have allot of stuff going at once, it freezes for two or three seconds and beeps when I click the mouse and then releases. Is this a common problem with Dual Core Chips? Any dual core people have this issue? Please help.