Sign in to follow this  
Ceroth

Windows Hangs at "Setup is loading Windows"

Hey I'm curious:- Does your problem occur straight after you "press any key to boot from cd...." then you get the blue screen (or sometimes not) and it sticks around there somewhere?

I had the same prob, got my DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-DR-eXpert a few days ago and I was going nuts for a while with this prob. Having had a fair amount of experience with all sorts of issues I know (as you probably do) sometimes is best to just recheck everything. Reseat your cards and ram, even swap out slots (make sure use orange), check all cables, even unplug everything then try with just one thing at a time (ok so you need at least 1 HD and CD to TRY to install windows right).

I did all that , CLEARED (jumper) cmos properly. Set to bios defaults, rebooted-had same problem. Then I relaxed the memory settings a little, using dual channel and 2-2-2-5 RAM (bios correctly detected this) I've found those to be too tight, 2--3-3-8 always works better for me somehow.

So basically, I would be seeing the "press any key" then a flash of white on black text top left screen saying "please wait while....." (I think, was too fast to see) and then zippo, nada, the big buttkiss....sometimes I'd get to the blue screen then it'd freeze.......BUT with the relaxed (slightly) memory timings everything ran sweet.

Once I got windows installed I updated to the latest official BIOS and shazaaaam 2 days later here I am running 2805 (255X11) RAM @ 1:1 and no lockups or BSODs and prime stable.

What can I say, I have written more than I meant to, but I am new on here and want to help (sometimes need some too DOH) and just want to get into being in the DFI "club" :P

Hope something here helps you or that someone else helps you sort it...I feel your pain dude :eek:

I had the same problem with a MSI board and I did the same as elessar777 I went from 2-2-2-2 to 2.5-4-4-8 and it worked for me. Is the bios set at 1T or 2T, try 1T. I have used 1 stick of cheap ram before and that has worked. Not sure if this would pertain to a DFI board but I had to do it everytime I reinstalled with the MSI. Just out of curiosity have you run the drives manufactors sortware.