Sign in to follow this  
Ceroth

Windows Hangs at "Setup is loading Windows"

There is no need for pressing F6 and adding SATA-drivers on this board :rolleyes:

Gipse

He probably meant RAID drivers. from the rest of his comments, I would say he didn't really read the thread.

The only time I've had a problem like this, it was bad memory. We all know that memory can pass memtest and still not boot into windows. Can you try other memory? I know two sticks going bad at the same time is unlikely, but it is possible. Maybe looser settings?

Guest erico
There is no need for pressing F6 and adding SATA-drivers on this board :rolleyes:

Gipse

For a single SATA drive install it is necessary to go into the BIOS and disable RAID. The SATA drivers may or may not be needed but it is quite convenient to have them ready. Sometime the SATA drive will be recognized by the Windows install. If it is not recognized,then the drivers are needed. It is necessary to know which Windows is being installed to decide which drivers (x86 or x64) are needed. It all depends on your luck, on some MOBOs you will need the drivers and others not.

So... don't flame if you have not already tried everything logically possible. I do not claim to be a GURU, do you?

Because of the design of DFI-nF4 boards there is no need for these drivers.

I am not sure what will happen if you try to add the using the F6 button, but I doubt that it will work for whatever...

I am not claiming to be a GURU. I got all my information from the guides, my own tests and surfing the DFI-Street looking for great posts from experienced members. It is not my intention to blame/flame someone; this was never and hopefully will never be the style of DFI-Street.

Gipse

Try booting with both Optimized Defaults and Failsafe Defaults. If your memory passed 9 hours of Memtest it's highly unlikely that it is faulty. It may be an improper value in the secondary timing section.

Guest Fury

Try a different XP Disk.

Then if the problem occurs change the cd drive.

:spam: >lol never seen this smiley before :dog:

Fury :tooth:

Guest erico
Because of the design of DFI-nF4 boards there is no need for these drivers.

I am not sure what will happen if you try to add the using the F6 button, but I doubt that it will work for whatever...

I am not claiming to be a GURU. I got all my information from the guides, my own tests and surfing the DFI-Street looking for great posts from experienced members. It is not my intention to blame/flame someone; this was never and hopefully will never be the style of DFI-Street.

Gipse

The F6(third-party drivers install) is for loading SATA controller drivers. SATA controller drivers are not only for RAID setups. Windows only natively supports a very limited number of SATA drivers hence Microsoft included the F6 third-party driver install. the F6 driver option during fresh installs has worked for me on more than just the DFI board. It worked, and was needed for a single SATA drive windows install in my ASUS A8N-E MOBO. I use both Windows x86 & x64 and the appropriate drivers for each.

I posted the information as the thread starter ran out of ideas and possibile solutions to his difficulty. It is far easier to lurk on the forum and contribute nothing, but I also prefer to share my own experience.:)

Hey Everyone,

So i ran memtest again in a last ditch effort with both sticks in dimms 1 and 3. On test 8 at pattern 00000000-1 it immediately hits 90 errors. Im gonna RMA my corsair for some OCZ gold. Anyone have any comments on this? :)

Actually now i cant tell if it is my ram. Im begining to think i should just RMA all of my parts and start over lol. This is driving me absolutely crazy.

Guest erico
Actually now i cant tell if it is my ram. Im begining to think i should just RMA all of my parts and start over lol. This is driving me absolutely crazy.

Just out of curiosity: do you happen to have Virus Warning enabled?

@Ceroth, might be time to start again from scratch to verify what you are seeing... /Try the following:

MemTest each DIMM on it's own in the furthest orange. If you are stable for 8hrs+ with each one, put the other in the remaining orange slot and MemTest again. If you are stable, then ensure you have _no_ hardware other than your video card, single stick of memory and the drives you are installing from (CD) and to (single HDD). Try the install with a known good XP SP2 slipstream disk. Do NOT press F6 for 3rd party drivers, unless you intend to run a RAID setup.

Follow through and post your results.

I had the same problem with my new board. I put all my hardware on friends board with my OS and it worked.So hardware is good. The last thing I tried was a bios reflash useing OEM 2006/04/06 and it worked. Good Luck

I got new OCZ ram, ran memtest like you said, all of its stable.

I reflashed the bios using Tmod's cd - i still get the same result, windows just sits there at Setup is loading windows.