3Ghz Opteron Destroyed -

i had my htt link a 267*4 (1068) when my venice was under the hood, and i didnt had stability issue at all, its safe to keep it under 1000, but 1200mhz couldn't have killed your cpu,

i would unbent pins like Dr_bowtie suggest, and give it a try at stock speed

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, bent pins, it was not mentioned at first post. But then again, I myself have pulled my cpu out of the socket when the AS5 glued it to the hs, countless times but fortunately have not bent any pins. It could also mean that the HD is corrupted by that software and need to be re-written.

@everyone, the hard drives, and rom drives, work now, and worked in other computers as well.

and I hope the comments, dont let anyone else touch your computer. Dont be taken to heart, cause 2 people with dfi boards, and friends, should be able to help each other, with each others experiences, and help each other, with their overclocks.

yes, i didn't think of the bent pins either, if the one of the htt pins was bent, or shoved too far in. That could be the issue.

Cause we have found the cpu to be stable.

if you can get the pins straight it will be great, but im thinking maybe trying the swap the cpu idea too. cause that might also work, nothing was wrong, til we had to install windows again.

was it difficult to remove from the socket, or easy, after you put it in the last time?

btw im mushkin is sending me a new 2GB for my 1GB UTT's, if you still playing bf2, and wanna upgrade to 2GB, you know the price will be right, since i've replaced my memory already :D.