Sign in to follow this  
keef247

[RESOLVED]DEAD DOG CPU>> HELP! DFI Ultra D

If you dont have patients to do a 72hr CMOS clear and you think its pathetic, you do not need to be attempting to repair your own DFI configured pc, please do yourself a favor and bring it into a local tech shop, CompUSA(thats my shop :P). Is 72 hours to long to wait to POSSIBLY have your non-working rig, working again? Have you tested another GFX card in your board to be assure that its the video card? possible a new PSU considering it requires the PCI-E plug to be plugged in?

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough: your first step is to use the guide and do a short CMOS clear. That may fix the problem. Follow the guide completely - every step. If that doesn't work, try the progressively longer ones... All i was saying is that i have actually heard of boards being brought back from the (seemingly) dead using this procedure, and it has occasionally required a long clear...

Glad to hear you got it figured out, good idea eh? That Cpu is less than half the price of your video card! So should be a simple/easy replacement! Time and Money is everything!

hence not wanting to waste it on cmos and checking parts instead:)

yeah im after a opty 146 939 if anyones selling an overclocked one?im in uk and wanna pay via paypal;)