Sign in to follow this  
wdEvA

arctic cooler 64pro users

Fan blows towards the Heat Sink.

All the Thermalright models will overhand the 1st orange RAM slot slightly.

That makes it tough to fit some the "taller RAM" in when the HSF is seated.

But they do supply additional cooling for RAM and components around the CPU base because of the fan overhang.

I've always been able to install/remove RAM in the 1st slot when the Thermalrights are mounted but it does take a little patience due to the height restriction.

The retention bracket for the XP-90/XP120 types will need to be filled down to make contact.

Carl...there is a easier way to do these....A little birdie told me the easy way...(CPDMF)....

Just take the cooler (used XP-90) and take the screw out of the retension clips of the heatsink...then put small washers under the clips and then screw the clips back on...

if done right you will need two new longer screws...

I went to my local hardware (Menards) and got a small pack of Rivet washers....these are small but think washers....two of these washers stacked together equaled the thickness of the IHS...

then I manged to scour around and find 2 screws the same size as the clip screw but twice as long... I then placed the washers between the clips and the heatsink base... once screwed down the heatsink fit very snug.... as it did on a lid'd cpu...NO other mod was needed...

the only other easy way is to use the A64 FP like you mention OR use a SI-97 with the SI-97a 939 retension bracket....;)

That sounds like a real smart method.

Always nice to have an excuse to go to Menard's anyway :)

thanks bowtie and Cliff!

hmm.. i'm using a corsair 3500proll, so i think it will be blocking as well? man.. i needa use that orange slot, i've hand random crashes on my games after switching to the yellow slots..

hmm.. any other coolers that will clear the orange slot and is as good or even better than an arctic freezer 64 pro?

hm.. ya its the one with LEDs, but when i face the AC 64 blowing to the exhaust, its blocking the orange slot..

hmm.. will the Zalman CNPS8000 block the orange slot too?

What case are you using?

Will make a difference on airflow depending on exhaust.

Got a link to the case?