Sign in to follow this  
betaman

Max OC Opteron 165 + Memory!

Hi there!

I´m trying to OC my system in sign. I do think that my CPU can go alittle further above 2.7Ghz. I did run dual prime over-night, 13 h, 45°C stable with BIOS like this. I want to push it alittle more. I know that my memory can do 250Mhz 3,4,4,8 1T.

Any thoughts? What do you think about BIOS? And about tweaking memory. I use A64tweaking in windows. If I´m gonna reach 2.8Ghz I´m gonna have to use divider 150 so that my RAM has the speed of 233Mhz. Should I tweak them in the speed of 233 or in stockspeed?

Genie BIOS Settings:

FSB Bus Frequency - 300

LDT/FSB Frequency Ration - 3

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio - 9

PCI eXpress Frequency - 100Mhz

CPU VID StartUp Value - 1.5

CPU VID Control - 1.5

CPU VID Special Control - AUTO

LDT Voltage Control - 1.20v

Chip Set Voltage Control - 1.60v

DRAM Voltage Control - 2.7v

DRAM Configuration Settings:

DRAM Frequency Set - 166

Command Per Clock (CPC) - Enable

CAS Latency Control (Tcl) - 3.0

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd) - 04 Bus Clocks

Min RAS# active time (Tras) - 08 Bus Clocks

Row precharge time (Trp) - 03 Bus Clocks

Row Cycle time (Trc) - 12 Bus Clocks

Row refresh cyc time (Trfc) - 15 Bus Clocks

Row to Row delay (Trrd) - 02 Bus Clocks

Write recovery time (Twr) - 02 Bus Clocks

Write to Read delay (Twtr) - 01 Bus Clocks

Read to Write delay (Trwt) - 03 Bus Clocks

Refresh Period (Tref) - Auto

Write CAS Latency (Twcl) - Auto

DRAM Bank Interleave - Enabled

DQS Skew Control - Auto

DQS Skew Value - 0

DRAM Drive Strength - Auto

DRAM Data Drive Strength - Auto

Max Async Latency - 8

Read Preamble Time - 6

IdleCycle Limit - 8 Cycles

Dynamic Counter - Disable

R/W Queue Bypass - 8 x

Bypass Max - 04 x

32 Byte Granularity - Disable(8 Bursts)

Summary: [email protected] 1.5V. Memory: 245Mhz, 3.4.3.8 1T

Thanks!

/Johan

Put the memory on the 150 divider with your processor at it's current settings. Insure the system is stable and slowly start increasing processor speed while checking for stability Any instability you experience relating to the memory will probably require adjusting the bottom third of the timings starting at DRAM Drive Strength. You may have to find actual values for the timings that are set on Auto including Tref.

Put the memory on the 150 divider with your processor at it's current settings. Insure the system is stable and slowly start increasing processor speed while checking for stability Any instability you experience relating to the memory will probably require adjusting the bottom third of the timings starting at DRAM Drive Strength. You may have to find actual values for the timings that are set on Auto including Tref.

The exact speed i would like to achieve is [email protected], divider at [email protected] on the ram! I think my RAM will go 260Mhz with the right settings. So it would be great if I could use divider 166 and CPU at 311x9. How should i proceed to reach that goal?

Thanks!

I´m trying to OC my system in sign. I do think that my CPU can go alittle further above 2.7Ghz. I did run dual prime over-night, 13 h, 45°C stable with BIOS like this. I want to push it alittle more. I know that my memory can do 250Mhz 3,4,4,8 1T.

The exact speed i would like to achieve is [email protected], divider at [email protected] on the ram! I think my RAM will go 260Mhz with the right settings. So it would be great if I could use divider 166 and CPU at 311x9. How should i proceed to reach that goal?

You will have to know that the processor is stable with th 100MHz increase you're looking for. Use the procedure I described above to find your max stable processor speed. Once you find that you can drop the speed back down, change the divider back to 166 and start going back up.

You will have to know that the processor is stable with th 100MHz increase you're looking for. Use the procedure I described above to find your max stable processor speed. Once you find that you can drop the speed back down, change the divider back to 166 and start going back up.

Ok, thanks! I will try that on tonight... all the settings in BIOS that i did for the RAM. Do u think that they will work at speed below 245Mhz or do I have to change them all?

Ok, thanks! I will try that on tonight... all the settings in BIOS that i did for the RAM. Do u think that they will work at speed below 245Mhz or do I have to change them all?

If you drop the divider to 150, the only way to tell is through trial and error, running dual Prime, etc. No two systems are exactly alike. Even if you search the OCDB, and use someone else's settings, it may not work for you. But, it will give you a reference point if your current settings are out of whack. Praz gave you some great advice, and he seems to know his stuff.

Ok guys! This is what I did last night... dropped divider to 133(200Mhz on memory) and set FSB to [email protected] stock timings 3,3,3,8 1T and everyting else on auto in BIOS.. I increased vcore to 1.55v and prime error after just one minute... maby I´ve reached the highest point of my CPU. I know that my stepping is supposed to be a very good one... so im abit disappointed, thought it would go alittle higher...

Maybe you shouldn't be using such a low divider. Opty 165s (and probably the other ones too) are known for not liking low dividers. Even the 150 divider seems to cause problems sometimes.

Maybe you shouldn't be using such a low divider. Opty 165s (and probably the other ones too) are known for not liking low dividers. Even the 150 divider seems to cause problems sometimes.

I´m using divider 166 right now, and that seems to work out just fine... But I dont know how to get to 2.8Ghz without using a lower divider. My memory can run at 250Mhz.. maby abit higher with some tweaking... but I have to use a lower divider to reach 2.8Ghz...

Edit: I can run my CPU 1 stable with as little as 1.4v and 2.7Ghz on core! But my CPU 0 is getting prime error directly! I run both cores 2.7Ghz 1.5v. Its always CPU 0 thats is bugging out =( Is there anything to do about that?