MIN Speed for ADSL

3stars

like the title say's whats the min speed for adsl which is ok for gaming downloading and stuff i'm on 1500mps down load at the moment but am moving house and my old provider wants to charge me 100 dollars to move whats with that all the other providers don't charge setup fees so it's time to move on

I'd say go with 6Mbps that's the best for gaming...that's what i use and i upgraded to this about a year ago from 1500mbps and have seen huge increase in download speeds and better pings for gaming.

I've got 5mbps Cable, and that is perfect for me. I actually notice quite a difference using a good cable modem and changing to the wireless setup I have now which is much faster than the wired I had. I wasn't realizing even half my download capabilities.

Cisco or Linksys :)

I always wanted to visit for an extended stay at Melbourne, but now I need to check their high-speed speeds...ugh

boo

You might also see what kind of real performance you get from local people with a local version of speedtest. Two companys might advertise the same speeds but deliver different ones in the real world and higher latency too which can be a true pain.