1 LED, No beep, no video

I replaced my noisey chipset fan last night, had to take the motherboard out of the case and unplug everything.

so I heat up the old fan etc, get it off and then put the new one on, but then I put the motherboard back into the case and plug all the random plugs back in to what I think (pretty sure) is the right place and now it wont post =[

DFI motherboard has these 4 diagnostic LED's that come on at the start and go off in sequence as it boots, but it seems to get stuck on the last LED which apparently means it's tryign to start the bios, but I'm also getting no video.

I'm not getting any beeps but that could be because the speaker isn't plugged in.

All fans are spinning etc, system was working fine for months, all I did was replace teh fan.

Any ideas?

------

DFI LanParty nF4 SLi-DR

AMD Athlon 64 3700+

2x OCZ Platinum PC3200 1gb

XFX NVIDIA GeForce 7800GTX

SoundBlaster Audigy 2

Western Digital WD2500JS 250GB SATA II

Antec TruePower 2.0 550W

Hopefully you took all appropriate precautions to prevent damage to your m/b and components caused by electrostatic discharge?

If so, then pull everything out of your case and do a minimal hardware build outside of the case to eliminate any potential grounding issues. Use ExRoadies excellent guide for sneaking into your BIOS from a no boot condition (can be found in my sig titled 'disaster recovery'. Follow each step exactly to the letter - paying special attention to the motherboard speaker jumper settings and the insert/delete key sequence.

Let me know what the results are.

Gouom,

At this point it would be well worth following Praz's advice just for peace of mind. Artic Silver is conductive (ceramique or some other type that is non-conductive is a better choice on the nf4 chipset due to it's small size). If any of that AS has spilled over off the top surface of the nf4 chipset that could be a big problem.

Since in or of itself just changing a fan wouldn't prevent your motherboard from working, then here are some possible scenarios;

1. Not all of the m/b power connectors are properly attached or firmly seated onto the motherboard

2. The board has been damaged by electrostatic discharge or something else (like shorted against a mounting post or the case)

3. The video card isn't securely seated

4. The cpu isn't firmly seated into the cpu socket

5. The cpu heatsink isn't properly installed causing the cpu to overheat

6. TIM not applied properly to the nf4 chipset

Anyone can feel free to add to the list.

By the way. How did you "heat up" your fan to remove it?