Sign in to follow this  
Manaknight

which heatsink for an opty 150

heya

looking to upgrade from stock cooling so i can start pushing this thing.

never really dabbled much in 3rd party solutions since my nf2 days. which ones can you guys reccomend me that will fit on an sli-d board, and do a good job cooling so that i can really push this thing?

i know you guys drop the xp90 around here a lot and that is definitely one of the ones i'm checking on, but i see alot of other options, and i noticed the thermalright line is leaning towards the vertical tower hsf.

but yeah i've seen alot of different ones both at svc and xoxide, not sure which ones are worth my time. just looking for some advice so i know which one to drop on (my b-day is friday so chances are i can get one thats 40 or under for free, so keep that in mind too ;p)

thanks everyone, oh and no worries about the fan, i have both a 92 and 120mm that can be attached.

XP-90, SI-120 or SI-128.

The XP-90 is usually the "Best Bang for the Buck". :nod:

Please use "SVC" line in Admin/Mod sigs as that way DFI-Street gets the credit.

Thanks,

Dave

Guest MeDS

I like the zalman 9500 or if you want to splurge the 9700. I get great temps on my Intel and it would work for the Opty

so one of the things that has kept me off of the newer thermalrights is that the newer ones do not have fins attached to the base, only suspended off the heat pipe, does this affect performancd at all?

the same in a sense. with it being suspended up

allows air to cool the components around the cpu around like mosfets or even your ram, if the HS hangs over the ram side

the same in a sense. with it being suspended up

allows air to cool the components around the cpu around like mosfets or even your ram, if the HS hangs over the ram side

Yes, the SI-120 & S-128 really help cool mobo around CPU.

The xp/si-120 is a great cooler! The air flow is perfect for cooling ram, but makes it a chore to change memory if need be using the orange slots on a Ultra-d. My Mushkin Redline xp4000 barely fits under the xp/si-120 because of the tall heat spreaders.

Iam getting great temps with my SI-120 with a 120mm x 38 pana-flo.Running @ 3.006GHz with my 165 opty and iam getting average temp of 27 - 29c.

Sign in to follow this