Happy Haloooweeeeennnnn

Guest SuppA-SnipA_merged

BOO! :)

Saw? Ugh, that is definitely not my idea of a great thriller! I haven't seen any of them and never plan to. Grossing myself out doesn't seem to have the same quality as actually thrilling myself :)

I think I'll be watching Bela Lugosi in Tod Browning's "Dracula" (1931). That is a classic thriller. Of course, I might also follow it with Boris Karloff in "Bride of Frankenstein".

boo

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Halloween to all!

Gonna stay home myself and watch classic horror flicks on TCM tonight - too old for hellraisin' any more!

check out my word of the day thread for a little history behind Halloween. Yes I know shameless plug but you should know some history, it might make your brain grow a little.

Anyone do any old "traditional" type celebrations? You know, celebrating ancestors and the dead? Good reason for a feast before Thanksgiving :D

I can definitely see how old prunes think of today as an evil devil-worshipping day. Who wouldn't? *shrug*

boo

Anyone do any old "traditional" type celebrations? You know, celebrating ancestors and the dead? Good reason for a feast before Thanksgiving :D

I can definitely see how old prunes think of today as an evil devil-worshipping day. Who wouldn't? *shrug*

boo

Back in high school, I had some friends who celebrated Day of the Dead, (El Dia de los Muertos) which is held on November 1 and 2. It is primarily celebrated in Mexico and other parts of Central America, and features visits to graveyards to leave flowers and lighted candles in honor of the dead. The souls of children are believed to visit earth on November 1, with adults's souls following the next day. Anyways after the little history behind it, they always had big dinners that I went to and got in on some really great food. I agree with you, any excuse to eat a large amount of food is always good enough for me ;).

I made a manakin using some clothes and packing peanuts from all my newegg orders and put a mask on it. Then I dressed exactly like it. Sat both of us down on a bench on my porch and jumped at everyone that rang the doorbell. I scared soo many people, it was the best halloween ever.

Blasted some oldskool Sepultura out of my parents house's windows in 1995, not a single trick or treater that Halloween.

This year we got two trick or treaters, both during dinner. :rolleyes: Seems all the neighborhood kids are going to the mall for Halloween.

Halloween (1979) is my b-day, so I pretty much just wanna sit on my butt and not do anything, but the older I get that seems to happen less and less.

I was listening to radio on the way to work this morning, and they were talking about how . offenders had a curfew, weren't allowed to hang Halloween decorations or dress up in costumes starting this year. They also mentioned that new . offenders will be tracked via GPS for 6 months after release. That's pretty damn cool.

What happened to tons of trick or treaters, TP, shaving cream and rotten eggs?

Damn I am old.

sup to all and to all WAZUP...

just chilling here listening to type o negative..........bru-hahahah

anyways.....no trick or treater here.....well..none that i know of..just got home and left the dog out to make sure no1 tp'd my yard....later