MOBILE 4000+ on 250GB

This is the mobile pad I was talking about.

https://shop.msicomputer.com/App/StoreFront...il.aspx?ID=1021

Sorry for posting links to other mb manufacturer, it's just that dfi hasn't a similar product.

That would definately be a nice thing to have if you're worried about crushing the core. Although, temps. will rise with something like that.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was very easy to Mont . But them I did my own mod to the three i got it make for a very easy removal or install. If you got them risers on that BT still take them off. then it a piece of cake. HaHa in checking out some ram right now got everything set on defailt vcore 1.34 htt 200 just ran OccT and my BT fan never came on and its set to come on full at 26c :D

DO NOT USE THAT HEATSINK UNLESS YOU PLAN TO MOD IT!!!!!!

Using ............ 4000+.

Use a bolt on heatsink NOT A CLIP HEATSINK!

i should have listen to u man

Trying to get over the sock of my 3700+ newark , i did examine this today trying to figure what was the damaged...

I see something like scrathes on the core. Taking a closer look i realize that the core had multiple cracks...

Probably it went hot and at that time it just break from the pressure of the xp90.

That's a good but expensive way for someone to learn on listening other people...!

i should have listen to u man

Trying to get over the sock of my 3700+ newark , i did examine this today trying to figure what was the damaged...

I see something like scrathes on the core. Taking a closer look i realize that the core had multiple cracks...

Probably it went hot and at that time it just break from the pressure of the xp90.

That's a good but expensive way for someone to learn on listening other people...!

I'm very sorry to hear that. Yeah, I'm very adament about that, because I've read multiple times of people killing there Newark/Turion chips with a clip style heatsink (XP-90/XP-120 was usually the culprit heatsink(s) due to it's popularity).

Does the processor still work? Or is it completely DOA?

I believe it was Philosophy over @ XS who chipped his core but was still able to boot and overclock with it (just not as high as before).

i dont know it keeps doing weird things

The first reactions was not boot at all .... Not even a power on . I was pressing the ps to power on the pc the fans turned about half of a sec and then it switched off...

After a while it does ( after putting all the other cpus on ) it did power on but no boot at all . Not even close to the booting dfi lanparty logo., just lights fans and hds.

I dont know how much damage i have done but nope ... no booting.

That core want to stay away from me and this is the history of it

i deside to buy the 4000+ newark . When i found the money i checked into the newegg but no chips at all ( 2 days ago there was three ) . Email to newegg they reply me that the chip wouldn't be sold again in newegg cause of retirement.... Then i deside the 3700+ from ebay. There was a 10 day warranty but my friend from u.s didn't send this quick so we lost the warranty .

Anyways thank god i have this clawhammer ...

I will send this back to amd to check it ( although i am thinking that when they see it they gonna trough it away. )

sorry form my long story but it hurts me and got nobody to say all these....!

be well guys

i dont know it keeps doing weird things

The first reactions was not boot at all .... Not even a power on . I was pressing the ps to power on the pc the fans turned about half of a sec and then it switched off...

After a while it does ( after putting all the other cpus on ) it did power on but no boot at all . Not even close to the booting dfi lanparty logo., just lights fans and hds.

I dont know how much damage i have done but nope ... no booting.

That core want to stay away from me and this is the history of it

i deside to buy the 4000+ newark . When i found the money i checked into the newegg but no chips at all ( 2 days ago there was three ) . Email to newegg they reply me that the chip wouldn't be sold again in newegg cause of retirement.... Then i deside the 3700+ from ebay. There was a 10 day warranty but my friend from u.s didn't send this quick so we lost the warranty .

Anyways thank god i have this clawhammer ...

I will send this back to amd to check it ( although i am thinking that when they see it they gonna trough it away. )

sorry form my long story but it hurts me and got nobody to say all these....!

be well guys

Unfortunately, since it's an OEM CPU AMD will not do anything for it (unless they have a thing setup where you can pay for a replacement or something).

Sounds like the CPU is kaput however. In this post you say however that you have another newark on the way? If so get a bolt down HS/F and be very very careful when installing.

Hey guys - I am relly considering a 3700+ or 4000+ Newark, found one of each for 200 and 380 respectively.

What about this Zalman:

http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1958

It is a clip but it seems you can clip it in "from the center", applying equal pressure to each side by lowerring the clip sides simultaneously.

Maybe? It would be an expensive test if something went wrong.

I wanted to try the new Ultra-120, vertical heatsink bu on 754 you can't mount it to exhaust to the rear fan. I don't have a PSU fan so I was looking at this Zalman in the link. Seems to be a much better performer than he 9500.

Hmmm...wait a minute seems that Frosty Tech has never reviewed the 9700, I was confused. the 9700 is a bolt on right. Just hope I can mount it/orient it how I'd like to.

DC

After checking out the install vids on the Zalman site, I see the 9500 has the push pin design for 939/754.

What about the MSI mobile pad:

https://shop.msicomputer.com/App/StoreFront...il.aspx?ID=1021

http://www.msicomputer.com/msiforms2/turion64.asp

Would that allow use of the 9700 with the Mobile? Not sure if this allow for equal/centered pressure to be applied or not. I pad has to rest against the rest of the core & could provide the stability needed to mount clip retention heat sinks.

DC

what about these two:

On the 250gb the Ultra120 will have to be vertically oriented from what I have read, not sure about the ninja.

They are both similar performers & the ninja has clips but from the .pdf you seem to install the sink into a mounting bracket with one downward movement, which secures the 4 clips simultaneously.

ultra120:

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556028697.html

ninja:

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556035572.html

DC

I would say the mobile pad would be great for peace of mind. I don't think the temperature rise would be that significant. The fact that its copper tells me that it would conduct heat from the core to the sink better than an IHS would. What did we all do before Intel brought out the IHS concept? We put our heat sinks on our Athlon XPs very carefully.