MOBILE 4000+ on 250GB

Good point. I didn't realize how "permanent" that insulator pad would be. Now mine goes wherever the board does. It is indeed permanently attached.

I'm assuming that you could soften the adhesive up with some lighter fluid if removal ever became absolutely necessary, but the best bet is to just leave the paper on it and install it that way. I'd like to know the secret ingredient they use on that adhesive. I have several 1000lb car parts I'd like to stick together :)

i used one of the liter torches and heated the T bracket up and real slowly worked my first one off. But there has been people pull the traces off the board too. So be careful Dude

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a Big Typhoon but installed it on my brother's NF2 Infinity....

Looking at the 9700AM2:

http://www.zalman.co.kr/usa/product/view.a...dx=165&code=005

What if the bracket, the bolt down clip from the 9500, could be used on the 9700AM2. The 9700 comes with a clip on brackt that is compatible with Socket 754. The base may be bigger I guess but if maybe not and still the clip would probably work since the same style of clip has to transverse the base to secure the sink.

If you look at the pdf manulas they both have the CPU block cover whihch looks identical, may not be, but the "One(1) L-Type Clip (for installing Socket

754/939/940)" may just work......

Opinions?

DC

dude i would stick with the BT.seems like there can be alot of mounting issues with the zalman. I can say the BT was ideal for me, and i had no interference with the hs making contact with the socket (excellent cpu contact!). i really dont think the Zalman is any better, maybe a lower profile but the inability to change the fan. i didnt like the BT mounting at first, but i realized how universal it was (when i went naked), and with extra parts wingnuts etc.... the mounting can be easy! i guy i know got the Zalman and had nothin but issues mounting it on his gigabyte board, and all i could think was "u shoulda went with the BT".

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

popped on my XP120 since it was handy. I actually put it on the K8 mount (after cutting away a good 10mm where the sinnk sit and was too high to make contact) seperatley from he board then screwed the mount and sink to the board slowly. Getting 37-39 idle but jumping pretty high up to 50 really quick ...priming going olay at 1.48-150 but too much heat in my rack (which acts as a lid for the HTPC since I leave the actual lid off).

Think I should tighten down the mounts a bit?

v/r

DC