Sign in to follow this  
knopflerbruce

Prime95/OCCT + memtest86 errors

I ran Prime95 on both cores, and it stopped instantly, telling me my system is unstable. Then I tried OCCT which stopped after 25s on one core and 32 on the other (they probably stopped at the same time as I had to change user to start the second one).

I tried to run Prime95 with memory usage @ 900mb (x2) and 16mb (x2) just to see if that helped. It did NOT.

Then I ran memtest86, and I'm getting 10-15 errors every time I run test 5. No errors on the other tests. Different addresses each time as well.

Vcore: 1.35V (standard I believe). Multi: 10x

Vram: 2.66V, 2.70V and 2.72. No difference in voltage. PS: Optimal default for Vram is 2.66V, and the sticks should be able to run 2.70V (says that on the site). Timings are: 3-2-2-7. Nothing is overclocked so FSB is 200MHz, ratio 1:1.

Is it the ram or CPU that's bad? Can't imagine it's the power supply. I've connected the 8-pin connector, as well as the 24-pin and the 4-pin near the first pci ex x16-slot, btw.

If you are not MemTest stable when you boot into windows, you will more than likely end up with a corrupt OS and need to reinstall from scratch. Your PSU is a good one, and should be fine for the system.

Think you've posted the timings wrong - which may be part of your problem. Take a look at this post over on bleedinedge and try the settings...

While priming 2 cores with 2 gigs of memory you should set the memory to 800 not 900.If your failing mem test on test 5 you probly have some bad memory.Test each stick by itself in mem test to see which is failing.

Your RAM timings are not stable, that does not mean your RAM is bad or faulty.

My advice would be to get your PC stable at stock RAM and CPU speeds. You can use the stock speed database to find some settings for your RAM.

Once you are stable then you can proceed to OC following the OC guide under my sig.

There really is no point trying to test stability inside Windows if Memtest is throwing errors.

Good luck.

Hes running stock settings ,so if your using the correct timmings and its failing mem test you should test each stick by itself to see if you have a bad stick.Running stock setting your system should stable if you using the correct timmins and so forth.