Sign in to follow this  
Danuel

Raid 0 on ultra D Question

No no, i bought another 120 to raid w/ my current 120 i use as storage, and isnt it if you raid0 120 adn 250 you get 240? you gain the smallest drive size from the larger size and waste the other. but im going to put my c urrent 250 as storage and raid my 120 now and the one i ust ordered.

No no, i bought another 120 to raid w/ my current 120 i use as storage, and isnt it if you raid0 120 adn 250 you get 240? you gain the smallest drive size from the larger size and waste the other. but im going to put my c urrent 250 as storage and raid my 120 now and the one i ust ordered.

Thats cool and no its not that way, its you will get to use the smallest drive size which in this case if it was paired with a 250gb then you would get 2x120GB = 240gb,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so 370gb in total you would have minus your 2x120gb would leave you loosing 130GB......

But thats irelevant as you got it sorted with an = sized hdd. :)

Logan

my apologiez loggan , lol i read your post wrong, i though you said i would GET 130 in raid 0, not lose 130, but at any rate i got another 120 so i can raid0 it w/ my current 120. Will i notice a increase , how does your raid 0 set up run, faster than 10k raptors in any area? thanks again

The seagates are fast, mines are the 8mb ones so the 16mb cache ones are a lil faster but they do fly......there about 360+ burst in hdtach and i seen them hit 144,000 in atto, there no slouches ;)......will you notice a difference, hmmm yes you should, and if your gaming etc then most gamers will tell ya raid0 rules man :)..............sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet !!!!!!!

good luck dood..

Thanks for the luck! btw it all went well raid 0 is up and running and is looking nice and fast, glad i made this cheap yet very improving upgrade.

Thanks for the luck! btw it all went well raid 0 is up and running and is looking nice and fast, glad i made this cheap yet very improving upgrade.

Congrats on getting it up and running :D

Just curious, did you make a slipstream XP CD or did you get yourself a floppy drive?

I'm about to make a slipstream CD to do the same thing. Here's a link to the fernando post.

Congrats on getting it up and running :D

Just curious, did you make a slipstream XP CD or did you get yourself a floppy drive?

I'm about to make a slipstream CD to do the same thing. Here's a link to the fernando post.

Andou, i thought about slipstream, but im more familiar with just hitting F6 to install raid drivers, that worked fine for me if you have a floppy, internal one USB didnt work.