Sign in to follow this  
Spaz-Ed

Opty 165 CCBBE 0615DPMW

My CCBBE 0615DPMW that I picked up retail from ZZF is currently running at 329x9 (2880MHz) on 1.45V on air. Seems pretty solid there(OCDB entry). I am slowly lowering my voltages, then I'll try upping the clock to get over 2.9GHz

im hitting 2.9 @ 1.47v with my o617. doesnt want to go much higher than that no matter what I do though

Our cooling systems are similiar, and I am testing 2880 mhz @ 1.48v. Seems good so far. I will know shortly if I hit the same wall as you. How high did you raise the voltage to determine it was maxed out?

I've had it all the way up to 1.63v @ 3.0 and dual prime still crashed in minutes. Kind of frustrating because i know there are many other 0617 owners getting better results from this chip.

Kind of frustrating because i know there are many other 0617 owners getting better results from this chip.

What you have to remember is there are a lot more out there not getting those results. People aren't motivated to post showing 2.8 or 2.9 overclocks when, although wrong. the popular thought is only 3.0+ is a decent overclock.

What you have to remember is there are a lot more out there not getting those results. People aren't motivated to post showing 2.8 or 2.9 overclocks when, although wrong. the popular thought is only 3.0+ is a decent overclock.

Currently testing at 2.9 ghz, passed at 2.88 ghz. If I can't get 2.9 or over, I will not be disappointed. It will still be a great over-clock because stock is only 1.8 ghz. I am sure there are many that can't even get to 2.8 because of hardware limitations, etc. Overall, I am extremely happy with it.

My CCBBE0617 is abble to let me get this

1.28V = 2810

1.39V = 3006

both are stable for 8hres of prime, haven't done any OCDB entry cuz i dont wanna install the 3d mark benchmark, both OC are stable for CS:s or TQ for 3-4hours, (usualy dont play more the 4 hres)

Does this stepping or 165 overall do well with memory / cpu 1:1 ?

1:1 is limited because of the 9x multiplier. If you aren't looking for high overclocks 1:1 is fine. But even at 2700MHz the memory is at 300MHz. The best configuration for a 165 is 2x1 PC4000 and run the divider at whatever it takes.

My CCBBE0617 is abble to let me get this

1.28V = 2810

1.39V = 3006

both are stable for 8hres of prime, haven't done any OCDB entry cuz i dont wanna install the 3d mark benchmark, both OC are stable for CS:s or TQ for 3-4hours, (usualy dont play more the 4 hres)

Either you have the best chip I've ever seen by a long ways or you're doing something wrong to pass at those voltages.

It does well with a 1:1 ratio, but the only drawback is the low CPU mult. of 9. My max memory speed is 288 mhz, DDR 576. You will have to resort to a memory divider to clock to 2.7 ghz, or higher. Looks like I will have to settle somewhere between, 2.9 & 3.0 ghz, then try to tighten my timings a little more, if possible.

Was all of a sudden getting problems, even at stock settings. I thought the new Opty 165 crapped out on me. I took a deep breath, and tested the memory. Turns out the OCZ memory took a dump, and have already contacted and spoke to the manufacturer. So, have to put the Corsair memory back in and hope for the best. At least it is two gigs.:D