Sign in to follow this  
VIPER_SK

2gb Crucial problem

Hello. Like a year ago I get the configuration from the sign with the 2gb crucial ballistix. "I'm runnig everithing with stock settings". In the begimimg, everithimg was running perfect. But after a couple of months, when I start the computer it start with long beep. (I didn't touch anithing in the bios or somewhere else) so I took one of the sticks memory and the machine starts runnig fine again. I try a couple of things but I wasn't able to start the pc in dual channel any more with no problems. I start running the 2gb memory in single channel. It runs for a couple of months fine, but after that everithing happens again with no reason. Now I'm runnig 1gb of memory, and the other one stays over my desk waiting for solution. Can somebody help me to resolve this problem with some suggestions?

Hello,

Have you tried both sticks on their own?

Memtest both on their own?

Set the memory voltage to 2.8v?

Playah's link is very important too. :)

I put the second stick of memory, I change:

FSB BUS FREQUENCY > 220 MHZ

FSB FREQUENCY RATIO > x2.0

and for now everything is running fine. I'll see for how long. I'll do memtest in the mornig.

I'm reading the thread from the other post. I'll take me one or two days to read everything.

The same problem again, it was running good for a couple of days, but now after windows it loaded it restars. I change the voltage to 2.8v. Any other suggestions?

What happened with memtest?

Have you tried 1 stick at a time?

Also if you have another pc, test the memory in that one.

Dude, you really need to read through the link that playah posted first up...?

If you do you will see that this is a common problem with the early series of the Ballistix sticks. Basically, they stop being able to run at rated speeds and you just have to take them slower and slower... Your only real option appears to be an RMA. You should receive the new batch in return, which i'm told do not exhibit the same problem...