Sign in to follow this  
jazzpicker

WTF's with M$

I recently started getting an error message with my hotmail account. "Ünable to perform requested task- unable to download email messages from hotmail" (or something close to that.) THere is no info under details. I am able to get my email messages after clearing the error messages,. THis is a "hotmail plus account" meaning I get extra storage and can use outlook express for a few bucks a year. M$ suggested that I join MSN so I could get premium phone support.

I thought "no problem" and started the tech support route, and to make a long story short, I've been passed to every department at M$, like a "hot potato"". Everybody talks a good game but nothing gets fixed. I get the same error on all computers meaning the problem is probably with M$'s servers. I'm usually sucessful fixing these problems but trying to talk with the Phillipines, India and other parts of the world and getting something done is impossible. THere is no central office at M$ to complain to.

An error message is just a small thing but I take pride in my computers and I'm already getting script error messages that can't be fixed and just don't want more fricking errors.

I've had this hotmail account for >12 years and hate to lose it but I've just about had enough of M$'s ..

It's sad to see a good company in such decline. I'll start researching other operating systems and will be dammed if I'll upgrade to Vista or pay M$ another cent.

have you tried using alternative browsers?

IE

Firefox

Opera?

Or, if you are using Firefox, make sure you don't have a plug-in such as Script-blocking interfering.

Micro$ucks just sucks, period. Ever since i got xp, I've always gotten an occassion "error reporting" screen, especially when signing offline. I thought i bought a bad disk, but after reading quite a few complaints about the same thing right on windows pages, i knew i wasn't the only one, and my install was, in fact ok.

If you want to call them up just to vent, 2 toll-free # are 1-800936-5700 + 1-800-426-9400. Good luck.

I know us end-users can't ever get any of these huge corprations to hold any one person accountable, they are set up that way on purpose. And us consumers have to either shut up and eat it, or waste our precious time trying to reason with them.

I feel your pain, bro....keep your chin up :-)

rofl....ur a better man than i am.....i have tried like hell to find a number for them and not the stupid activation number for various reasons and have not been able to locate 1.......i might just call and b!tch for no reason 2night....

edit: well....i bet i can think of a good reason

Ive been having problem with hotmail for two month Is just been draging butt big time

I can understand not wanting to switch since you have had your account for 12+ years, but...

I love it when people complain about ANY company or product or service being dumb yet they stick with it. Doesn't sound like the company or product is dumb ;)

I for one see Microsoft as the standard bloated company. Sure,t hey have people that care and their intentions are as they should be: profits and customer service. Only problem is Microsoft as with 98% of larger companies have no idea how to obtain the latter goal. They outsource their customer service with companies that have employees who know nothing of the original company AND they have NO authorization to do ANYTHING about your problem.

I have had numerous problems with some large companies in the recent past: Liberty Mutual, Bank of America, Microsoft, etc. My strategy with these companies is simple: I do my research and find the office of a very high ranking executive, if not the CEO. I then address a letter to them with a massive list of pretty much everyone I know. I mention that I have told each of these people my poor relations to them, recommending against doing business with their company. I then also mention how many people each of the persons on my list most likely knows. I've gotten some nice deals in the mail too. :D

boo

I dont see a person could have that many problems with that many different companies. You probably need to address the issues / problems differently.

As for the hotmail.. Move to gmail and do alot of forwarding. :(