Sign in to follow this  
jpinard

Why isn't my cpu voltage increasing?

For some weird reason I increase the voltage in my BIOS (at least I thought I was) but it's not increasing according to cpu ID or other motherboard reading programs. Am I supposed to change anything besides

1. cpu vid startup value?

2. cpu vid control?

What voltage did you have it set on originally? What voltage do you want to go to? What is the Bios reporting as the voltages (before and after the voltage increase)?

yeah cpu vid control %

In the OC guide theres is a how to also a pic of the voltage chart

There usually is no need to adjust CPU VID Startup Value. That setting controls the voltage applied to the processor at bootup before the bios is initialized. The settings you need to adjust are CPU VID Control and VID Special Control. Check the voltage in the bios screen. Most software, regardless how it is labeled. reports the CPU VID Startup Value. You can download the trial version of Everest as is reports the actual value.

The standard voltage for the FX-57 is 1.40 volts. When I look in Everest Ultimate Edition I see voltage as a range, not a fixed value. 1.400 - 1.450 V.

When I look on the voltage supply in the task bar it only goes to a value of tenths... so it reads 1.4v

special control vid%... I thought that was a really dangerous setting to play with? Does it allow fine control over voltage?

I'm having the same problem, but pretty sure mine is volting because my temps up. CPU-Z and MBM both report it as 1.40 when I do 1.55x104%+ in the BIOS

I'm having the same problem, but pretty sure mine is volting because my temps up. CPU-Z and MBM both report it as 1.40 when I do 1.55x104%+ in the BIOS

Do you use water cooling? What kind of temps do you see? That seems like a fairly high voltage (but I'm an OC'ing noob).