RAID Problems

Ive a similar problem.

2 x Seagate 160GB drives.

Set everything ok in bios, booted with xp sp2 cd in tray, pressed f6, selected S to load the drivers which i had put on a newly formatted fd. It prompted me to insert diskette into a: and hit enter.

I did, but it couldnt find them. Keeps asking for manufacturer supplied hardware support disk.

Will try RGONE solution this evening.

Known issue that quite a few of the DFI shipped SATA raid disks are faulty. Also, if you're running from a slipstreamed copy of XP SP2 with the F6 drivers already included this will not work. If not, download the image from RGone and i'm sure your problems will disappear.

P.S. @RePhLeXX: /Create your sig as per the rules you agreed to...

Hi Ganders..

Thought i had created sig..Sry..

Anyway..non slipstreamed xp sp2. Will give RGones util a go later.

I thought it was maybe the directory structure of the disk i had used, but it appears the files can be at root. Maybe it was a dodgy disk. I dont use fdd often. the only disk i could find was about 10 years old.

Cheers.

ok..tried using the disk creator util RGone..Still doesnt work..You can hear the pc try to access the floppy, but it doesnt seem to like it. tried 3 new disks and it didnt work on any of them..

Tried slipstreaming the xp cd using nlite but i now have lots of driver problems. the raid works, but the ethernet doesnt, nor does the pci bridge.

I tried installing the drivers from the cd, but that results in a bsod on reboot. The problem is, when you select the 4 default drivers, the SW driver installs another raid driver. I had to reboot to previous setup that worked.

Also. there seems to be alot missing from the nlite install cd, eg menu options etc..that being said, theres only 10 services running on reboot (which takes about 20s from turn on)..

will have another play tonight.

cable has notch/key on it so you cant connect it the wrong way..Booted up into windows though, and the a: doesnt seem to be working. Makes the same noise as when trying to access fd from win setup.

seem to have everything working now. Couldnt use ethernet on mobo though for some reason. I had to whack in a 3com pci 10/100 card and it worked fine.

ran 3dmark 2003 with exactly the same software on the pc in the raid 0 config that i did with single drive and got lower score..

probbaly gonna scrap the raid0 idea and goto single drive. less hassle.